Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

If im NOT going to be playing online.....

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Lightning Count, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Lightning Count

Lightning Count IncGamers Member

If im NOT going to be playing online.....

And will be playing single player ONLY, which would be the recommended patch to use? Cause i heard the latest patch ups the difficulty quite a bit and if i dont have access to suitable equipment, its gonna be tough.Also, ive heard that my choice of builds would be limited to too.So, should i upgrade to 1.10 or stick to 1.09?

2. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

It depends on what you like. 1.10 did indeed up the difficulty but also added a lot of new interesting possibilities, such as upgrading uniques, synergies, and items with auras. Many of the new builds in 1.10 are also very powerful which offsets the difficulty somewhat. I'd say there are more builds possible in 1.10, but they tend to be more 1-sided than in 1.09 because of synergies.

1.09 is definitely easier, but 1.10 isn't so difficult it's impossible. If you're starting from scratch in 1.10 I can definitely recommend a summonmancer since they can defeat the game rather easily and then you can get some of the new powerful items to help those characters that might struggle a little more.

3. Lightning Count

Lightning Count IncGamers Member

What the??? You can transfer items between characters in single player???

4. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

ATMA. In short, it's a one step stop for all things items. Unlimited space for all the items you find, a way to transfer the items between characters, and a calculator for drop chances of items. You can download it from diabloii.net, or ask in the single player forum about it.

(Also, it might not be a good idea to post the same topic in multiple forums. The mods tend to consider it spam. I, for one, don't like to annoy the mods.)

5. Sh4dovv

Sh4dovv Banned

1.10 is all u ever want

6. Xoltotun

Xoltotun IncGamers Member

Yeah, a summoner is the ultimate starter character (I started with one as well). I'd also highly recommend building a meteorb at the same time. With a meteorb, you can kill Mephisto in about 1/8th the time it takes a summoner, by using the moat trick. You just teleport past all the council members and blood lords, straight to Meph. After you've killed him in nightmare about 200 times, and in hell about 1500 times (trust me, it won't take as long as you think) with a lot of mf, you will have just about every item in the game. From that point on, use your summoner to clear full areas for those really high end items that hell Meph can't drop (there's not too many of them). The Pit (in act 1, Tamoe Highlands) and The Worldstone Keep (act 4) are where it's at. Basically, the meteorb will let you run specific targets (Mephisto) for items really well, whereas the summoner is perfect for clearing entire areas for items. Good luck.

7. Twoflower

Twoflower Banned

recoment a hammerdin, ffs :)

8. Killer_sss

Killer_sss IncGamers Member

another thing if you wana reach lvl 99 id say 1.09 if not 1.1 is much better. the synergies are ausome plus some of the items are incredible like runewords and junk.