Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

If I were to write a guide...

Discussion in 'Diablo 1' started by Strogg, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Strogg

Strogg IncGamers Member

If I were to write a guide...

And I mean a decent guide for character builds etc... is there any chance of it getting stickied in this section? If it would then I might just make one.

2. draakon

draakon IncGamers Member

Re: If I were to write a guide...

There seems not to be specific moderator for Diablo 1 forum, but I suppose some administrator still checks this dark corner of sanctuary once in awhile. And I don't see reason why they shouldn't sticky your guide if it's useful, correct and formatted properly. Such material would help new D1 players a lot.

Of course this is just my random guess and I have no idea what those Dark Lords of Diii.net Forums :) think.

3. Strogg

Strogg IncGamers Member

Thanks, but if a mod lets me know yes or no, i will know then.

4. Asty

Asty IncGamers Member

there is a website called "realms beyond diablo" that has been somewhat of a handbook for diablo variants, strategy, and lore (click the "diablo classic" link on their menu).
    There is also a guide kown as "Jarulf’s Guide" that has information on everything you could imagine about diablo 1. If you are a legit player, you may want to refrain from viewing all sections of Jarulf’s Guide, as it contains information, numbers, and details, that would not be possible to know legitimately.

5. Zarniwoop

Zarniwoop IncGamers Member

Guides aren't pre-stickied.

Make it absolutely essential reading and it will probably get stickied.

6. Strogg

Strogg IncGamers Member

Knowing what shrine does what is essential, so If I do write one that would probably be the first.

7. Zarniwoop

Zarniwoop IncGamers Member

8. Flux

Flux Administrator

There's fairly extensive D1/HF strategy coverage in the wiki. I basically grabbed every good guide I could find and put them in, a couple of years ago. Plus each char page as basic strategy stuff I wrote.

http://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Diablo_Strategy

If you can find a topic that's not covered, or go into more depth/detail than those old guides, go for it. If it's good I'll put it into the wiki.

I wrote a lot of a painfully-detailed Beginner's Mage Guide a year or so ago, to complement the various advanced mage guides we have now, when I was going through a renaissance of playing D1 again, but never put it together into a coherent form. Maybe someday, when current writing projects aren't so pressing.

9. Lanthanide

Lanthanide IncGamers Member

You have 'pressing' writing? Is your 8-year-old novel finally coming along then? No, I don't read your twitter.

10. Flux

Flux Administrator

The 1.5 year old mystery novel is nearly done; I'm on chapter 12 of 14, on the rewrite/revision. After that I'll either write another book in that series, or at last get back to the old fantasy novel at last, for a full rewrite of it. I've also got resurrecting my blog and other stuff on the agenda, for when the mystery novel is done.

And I never twitter about anything to do with my writing, so you're not missing out.

11. Lanthanide

Lanthanide IncGamers Member

Full re-write? How long is that going to take, given how long it took you to get where you are already? Is it basically going to be a massive trim-down, applying the insights you've gained from writing this mystery novel?