Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

idle bugs breaking?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by zooply, Oct 1, 2006.

1. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

idle bugs breaking?

ite. tried the idle bugs, and sometimes i think they 'break' as in my guy stops twitching, or he somehow reaches the chest (using the a2 & a5 chest ones). i haven't payed too much attention to it, so it may have been me just screwing something up lol. is it possible for them to just after awhile stop idling?

2. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

I guess you are talking about perming mules by getting them stuck somewhere. I normally do that below the stack of firewood in the Rogue Encampment BTW. If other people interfere with the character, he might get freed from the trap he's in. I never tried that so far, however. If that's the reason, the solution is to perm mules in private games.

3. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

nah i do it in pvt games. i idled just fine last night, but i believe something else happened. i suffered a miswalk =/. i didn't see any 'diablo walks' messages, yet .top in the channel says the soj count in that server was at 5. is the bot just slow with it's info? miswalk? or do i have to be in the game the exact moment it happens(i left a few times to check the .top)?

4. krischan

Did you actually see your character having reached the stash or has he just not been in the game anymore ? In the latter case, you just got disconnected which can happen independently from that.

The game just has to exist at the time Diablo starts walking everywhere on the server, not at the time the soj counter starts going up.

5. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

i know in one case it was just my internet. in other cases though he either stopped or reached the stash. like i said though i didn't pay too much attention so it could have been just me imagining things lol.

as far as dclone, if you left a temp permed game for like 20 some seconds, and he popped while you were out, would you miss getting him when you come back?

6. krischan

It hasn't happened to me so far, but I don't think so.

7. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

perhaps i just suffered a miswalk then. anyways thanks for the help krischan. i appreciate it ^_^

8. lagalot

lagalot IncGamers Member

Id say as long as that game stayed up you should still get the Diablo walks the earth message.Sounds like the soj count was just slow to me.

As far as idling you can simply use the /fps command to fool the game into registering on screen activity.This reads the varying frames per second and ping.I use this all the time and games stay up for days on end.

9. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! this is like the 4th walk i've missed now today T_T. i dunno i was keeping 1 'permed' game open while trying to catch the higher ip's. i saw a soj count in the permed one so i figured the bot was right this time. well when i'm trying to jump in a higher ip, i check & see 57 pops while i'm out! i go back in, no dclone. aslddgkja5etlwajte987awe!!!1ONE! i dunno are you sure that i can be out of the game? =( it's getting very irritating to miss them, especially after spending the time to try & catch it.

btw thnx for the fps tip lagalot. ^_^

10. krischan

As I said, I'm not sure :wink3:

I'm not entirely sure what you are doing there, however. What do you mean with bot ? Why are you leaving a soj count game at all ? What do you mean with jumping to a higher IP ?

11. lagalot

lagalot IncGamers Member

Are you 100% certain the clone walked on the ip that your game was permed?Possibly it was miswalked..
    When your getting that many counts I'd be staying put or considering another copy of D2 to switch to while your ip switching/clone hunting.:wink3: