Identifying Items

sunflowersmooth

Diabloii.Net Member
Identifying Items

I always wondered the game mechanics concerning items. One thing I was wondering was how item stats are generated when identified.

Is an anni preset (as soon as it drops onto the ground) to be 15/15/5 before you even identify it? Or does it randomly generate the moment you do?

k/t

Banned
Which contradicts Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle. So go easy with identifying Annis or you'll collapse into a black hole.

Z-Suijin

Diabloii.Net Member
I can see it now *imagins getting sucked into black hole*

Think it would hurt much :p

*starts identifying annis*

Z-Suijin

Lord Nyax

Banned
If you identify an item, then the game rolls back to a point when the item was UNID, it'll still have the same stats, right? So, for instance, if you ID an Anni and it gets...10/10/6, then the game rolls, it's time to trade that Anni while it's unid, right?

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member
Lord Nyax said:
If you identify an item, then the game rolls back to a point when the item was UNID, it'll still have the same stats, right? So, for instance, if you ID an Anni and it gets...10/10/6, then the game rolls, it's time to trade that Anni while it's unid, right?
Yes, that's correct. The Anni's stats was determined when it actually dropped, not when it is identified.

IntelligentX

Diabloii.Net Member
If item's stats are determined upon identifying, I wonder how many rollback cause by hackers will happen per day?

Lord Nyax

Banned
If item's stats are determined upon identifying, I wonder how many rollback cause by hackers will happen per day?
What you mean to say is:
"If an item's stats were determined upon indentification, I wonder how many more rollbacks there would be per day."

I know you sometimes have trouble with English. I can relate. In High School I had a lot of trouble speaking Spanish (I took Spanish as my foreign language...) and a lot of the things you say I can imagine messing up on were I to attempt them in Spanish...

:flowers:

Noodle

Which contradicts Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle. So go easy with identifying Annis or you'll collapse into a black hole.

That's a good point. Until you take it to Cain, Schroedinger's cat is neither dead nor alive.

- Noodle