Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ideas on what runes will do for barb

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by droscoe, Dec 10, 2008.

1. droscoe

droscoe IncGamers Member

Ideas on what runes will do for barb

Whats your speculation on how runes will affect the Barbarian?

We've seen the runes being used with a wizard and witch doctor, but not the barb. What do you think multistrike will do? or lethality? etc etc

2. Athanasios

Athanasios IncGamers Member

Re: Ideas on what runes will do for barb

Hmm thats a good question. I just looked over the barb skill trees and it took me a while to figure something out lol...

All i could come up with is the frenzy in conjunction with the multistrike rune would maybe swing faster or something?

Also, what i think would be cool is the Power rune working with WW or Leap attack. Like the monsters killed by WW explode, or something more down to earth like get knocked back to damage other monsters. The same would go for Leap Attack.

Thats really all i could come up with. The few(five i think) runes that have been showed to us really dont mix well with the barbs skill sets. Maybe there will be other runes that will mesh better with barb skills? maybe im just blind, or lack imagination lol

Curious to see what other people come up with...

: )

3. Keighvin

Keighvin IncGamers Member

Well, an idea that was bounced around the battle.net forums after blizzcon was that multistrike on lea would make you kinda hop with some splash damage along the way. Quite silly, but an idea.

4. konfeta

konfeta IncGamers Member

Blizzard has no right not to include that idea. That will be simultaneously the most beautiful pro/strategic move in history ARPG and the greatest HC barb killer ever. Whirlwinding into IM has nothing on watching someone doing a series of hops to their death.

5. Echod16

Echod16 IncGamers Member

Well, I imagine Lethality will include a % chance of corpse explosion on death of minions

The bouncy one, though... probably just a greater arc of coverage (area) on their AoE attack

6. Athanasios

Athanasios IncGamers Member

I like that idea.

Im not to familiar with the way the rune system will work, will every rune be compatible with every skill? If so, then maybe the splash damage idea would be totally viable. What would be even cooler would be if the Multistrike rune on leap would somehow let you leap multiple times some how for the cost of one leap. That would be cool lol

7. Matora

Matora IncGamers Member

Have you land several times before you land where you wanted to, hitting more enemies in between that can't retaliate. Could make it a better attack, with strategy.

8. MooCQ

MooCQ IncGamers Member

Glow in the dark...

9. Maxadrenaline

Maxadrenaline IncGamers Member

Lethality/power rune on Leap Attack:

Every creature killed by the attack violently explodes in a shower of bloody bits and pieces, damaging creatures close by but not affected by the initial AoE.

I know it's yet another version of the corpse explosion skill, but don't you guys agree that it would look awesome and incredibly powerful?

Edit: typo

10. Ouroboros

Ouroboros IncGamers Member

Man .. How about Multi-Strike or Lethality with Whirlwind .. can u imagine if you started Whirlwinding and tornadoes were generated as you were spinning and shooting off in random directions .. that would be utter SICKNESS!

11. Grug

Grug IncGamers Member

^^^ Nice idea! Although I think that Power Rune would work better.

Most of the rune effects will probably cause Crowd Control. Like Hammer of the Ancients getting a chance to Stun, or Cleave causing knockback. It's an interesting idea for Leap everyone is talking about, but you should still go from point A to point B in one click, not stopping in between. However, multistrike could make it so you can go from leap to leap without pausing. Actually, multistrike could make it easier to come from special to special without slowing down. Another one could have a chance of Fear. And of course, striking would make shouts do damage.

Extra_Crispy always goes for 1 more...
    Striking rune with Seismic Slam, does extra damage to enemies at point blank.

12. Silverkill

Silverkill IncGamers Member

Think that lethality rune will affect the end of whirlwind with some effects like striking the ground and knocking all monsters back from barb... in order not to be overcrowded...
    It will be pretty interesting to test when it's done =)

13. Valmy

Valmy IncGamers Member

I hope a Multistrike Rune socketed into bo-skills will affect all near party members or mercenaries.

14. Gleeland

Gleeland IncGamers Member

Lethality might negate whirlwinds damage penalty or it might increase the chance to critical when whirlwind.

15. satheron

satheron IncGamers Member

Anyone remember Guided arrow in 1.09 in d2?

If it had peircing it would go through the target, turn around, and strike again.

I would like to see something like that with charge combined with multi-strike.

Charge through him only to turn around to charge at him again automatically, hitting him multiple times.

16. Skab

Skab IncGamers Member

What about, say, a power rune on Seismic Slam that causes jagged rocks to jut up along the shock waves path, making a wall.

That would be awesome.

17. Grug

Grug IncGamers Member

Yes, it would.

18. The Rockman

The Rockman IncGamers Member

multistrike + frenzy hit multiple monsters at once (2-3 per attack? with lesser damage on these extra mobs). If Frenzy even in game?

19. Doctor Salvador

Doctor Salvador IncGamers Member

Yes, it is, and I believe you can actually use it with one or two weapons since it just kind of jacks up your speed and damage.

Gunna be sweeeeet.

20. Krissermusen

Krissermusen IncGamers Member

my suggestions:

Cleave + Multistrike/Hydra = one extra cleave strike a little further away from the barb

Whirlwind + Multistrike/Hydra = make the barb spins faster making him able to hit the same target more times at the cost of less fury.

Leap + Multistrike/Hydra = the barb sommersaults instead of regular leap and besides the initial impact he will roll a little in the leap direction and cause tremendous damage to the ones in his way. Barb ball of death!

Furious charge + power/force = barb moves so fast that he will break the sound barrier and create a huge bang that will stun nearby opponents