Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ideas on respecing

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by tony iii, Nov 3, 2010.

1. tony iii

tony iii Diabloii.Net Member

Ideas on respecing

How do you think respecing should be implemented in D3, was the mechanism used in d2 patch 1.13 sufficient?

The 1 full respec per level is good in priciple but you are never sure when to use it so not to waste it (ignoring cube recipes to grant more). I would like D3 to also have some for of limited respec option aswell, to allow experimentation with the various skills (& traits), especially since you are going to concentrate on 7 active skills.

The suggestion I have is that when you only have 1 point in a skill/trait you are able to reassign it to another skill/trait at will. Once you put a 2nd point into any skill/trait then they are locked and cannot be changed until a full respec is used.

This will allow you test out new skills/traits and runestone effects in those skills freely and decide if they suit your characters play style without penalty of wasting a skill point or deciding to start over again if you really didn't like the choices you initially made.

I really hated the fact with D2 that you had to research and decide in advance of playing a character what your skill allocation upto say level 65 needed to be to ensure you didn't break the build and would be able to survive solo in hell.

2. AlexPractice

AlexPractice Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Ideas on respecing

I want to be able to buy a respec with gold. Keepin' my fingers crossed.

3. Highbrand

Highbrand Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Ideas on respecing

I like diablo's current system, good balance and its something that can be traded. I will agree that being able to "try" new skills before you spend points in them would be very nice for the first few weeks.