Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

ideas for cheap hammerdin gear?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by ihuang, May 27, 2008.

1. ihuang

ihuang IncGamers Member

ideas for cheap hammerdin gear?

After running organs with a fanatic zealot to get to Uber Tristram, I did not like how my fanatic zealot took so long to kill PI's (I'm not using grief), so I thought about making a hammerdin with smiter gear on switch. Does anyone have ideas for good cheap hammerdin gear? So far I've thought of Wizardspike, Skin of the Vipermagi, Rhyme, Splendor, and Lidless. I'm thinking of gear that is worth a pul or less.

2. Scudstorm

Scudstorm IncGamers Member

Re: ideas for cheap hammerdin gear?

Pally spirit is cheaper than Lidless and much better.

Shako as helm (on east ladder they are worth pul), but if that's too expensive, grab a Peasant Crown.

I suspect you would have a lot of trouble killing stuff in organ runs with cheap gear though. And why are there PI's? Only ones I met in organ runs are in Forgotten Sands, and you don't have to explore that area since Duriel is just by the portal. In Trist, just leave those PI's alone... You run faster than they do :p

3. Cdnexpat

Cdnexpat IncGamers Member

Not what you asked for and perhaps not that cheap but if you put Azurewrath on your fanatic and he will have no problem with most PIs. It may be cheaper than gearing up another character.

I believe that viper magi, wizardspike, and two fcr rings would get you to the breakpoint your trying for and you could use anything as a shield. If you have the time you could probably gamble a better circlet than peasant crown and I believe that tals mask would be better as well. I do agree with spirit.

Last edited: May 27, 2008
  4. Garisdacar

Garisdacar IncGamers Member

one trick i've used before vs PIs is keep spellsteel on switch and cast decrep on PIs