Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ideal (very lightly twinked) SP HC Rune Farmers?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Valeli, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Valeli

Valeli Diabloii.Net Member

Hey. So it's been awhile, I haven't played much D2 since real life made me quietly fade away from a fun alphabet-tourney somewhere in early hell.

But college is (almost) coming to a close, and I'll have a good few months to kill between graduation and the start of "life". I fully intend to spend at least some of that time trying to build one or two high rune words that I've never managed to put together, despite having played this game for god-knows-how-long.

The questions in the title, I guess. When I say "very lightly" twinked I mean it. I have very little that's too exciting. At the moment I don't even have a ravenfrost after the untimely demise of my old paladin (may he RiP). But I'm not stuck starting entirely from scratch or anything either.

I'm imagining something fast and full of AoEs probably. Sorceress would be my default guess because of teleport without needing enigma, but maybe someone has other neat ideas? It probably also depends on what areas work well for rune farming, which leads me to...

Sub-question: at this point in the game, what's the go-tos for rune finding? I'm assuming it's not the countess... I feel like I remember some thread ages ago where someone averaged out how many runs you'd have to take to cube up the top runes and it ended up pretty horrible. But basically I have no clue.

Do I want to area run somewhere? If so, I assume in hell? Or is there some weird NM spot that would work effectively the way you can farm NM meph for some decent stuff at low risk?

Or is it kurast super chests still? I know there's a "super" chest somewhere in act four too, but don't remember much about that one. Act four strikes me as more dangerous than Kurast too, though.

Anyways. Advice?

2. pharphis

pharphis Diabloii.Net Site Pal

LK superchests at p7 are your best bet in 1.13+ ;)

RoF takes more work for less reward I believe, though some calculations have recently been done.

3. Codoh

Codoh Diabloii.Net Member

Yea your best bet is LK running.

4. Gripphon

Gripphon Diabloii.Net Member

For light farming there is no other solution than LK sorceress. For HC you would want some things to make her pretty unkillable, and such gear is really cheap and easy to find.

- max block
    - maxed cold or shiver armor for defense
    - energy shield
    - 105 fcr ideally

I have build similar sorc and I use this gear:

Shako helm (socketed with ruby)
    Vipermagi (ruby)
    Amulet with sorceress skills/mana/whatever (I use tal rashas amulet)
    Spirit sword (mana + valuable source of fhr)
    Stormshield (some mana jewel, put in whatever you see fit)
    Arachnid Mesh belt
    Magefist Gloves
    2 rings which offer mana or skills (I use rare + bul kathos combo cuz no SoJ)
    FHR boots to get to 60 fhr breakpoint (I use Sandstorm treks)

Overall, you end up with like 950 life and ~550+ mana. More than enough. My skills are focused for certain goals:
    Telekinesis: 16 (at this point 1 mana gets deducted for 1 damage from ES)
    ES: 16 (my goal was to reach 80% absorb)
    Warmth: 1
    Teleport: 1
    Static: 1

The rest I'd put either to Shiver or Cold Armor, at least 1 point into cold mastery and bump you blizzard damage to some level so you can actually kill something that blocks your chest.

Have Insight on merc ofc. Your only danger is teleporting into fanaticism + mana burn pack, but you are rock even for those unless they have massive luck at striking you through defense and block.

For more wealthy playing, aka you have Enigma, you could try Travincal barb even with Oaths.

For top tier farming, it is either LK sorc or Travincal barb, though you can also try Travincal zealot or hammerdin. HC is a bit too limited on safety issues for anything else. Travincal sorceress could work well, but you would need some rather heavy twinking gear. For necro too.

Valeli likes this.
  5. japanzaman

japanzaman Diabloii.Net Member

Sorceress is really the only option, so I'll just add that fcr (105) and fhr (60) can also make the difference between getting insta-killed and teleporting away safely.

6. Valeli

Valeli Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks for the tips guys, much appreciated.