Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ideal Tiger/Dragon assassin Gear

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by erock, Oct 19, 2006.

1. erock

erock IncGamers Member

Ideal Tiger/Dragon assassin Gear

I've been getting some mixed messages about the glove and belt options as well as helm. I guess the other cool thing about assasins is that end game gear is very flexible. But what is the standard accepted end game gear for a kicksin? This is what I have found out so far:

Helm: Vamp Gaze/Andy's Visage
    Armor: Chains of Honor
    Weapon(s): Fury r/w with +skills(i just use dual bartucs, w/e)
    Gloves: IKgloves/Draculs/Rare gloves
    Belt: IK Belt/Dungo's
    Boots: Upped Gores
    Ammy: maras/crafted skiller
    LRing:Raven
    RRing:Dwarf

So far I have everything but vipermagi replacing chains and only rgular gores for now(lvl 52). Everything else I can throw on cept the weapon and andys visage and maras. But what I would really like to know is wether the life boost/steal from dungos/dracs is more of an advantage that ias from the ik items, which could be taken care of with some extra points in BoS. Opinions? :smiley:

2. BIGeyedBUG

BIGeyedBUG IncGamers Member

That looks really good. I suppose a BK ring in place of the Dwarf would be good. I'd probably prefer +2 SD Shadow Dancers over Goreriders too. Though not really because I think they're more "ideal" from a pure efficiency standpoint--rather because they fit my "Dtailer ideal" much better.

A great thing to have on switch would be Lawbringer.

HC or SC? HC I have to tell you I'd be tempted to use Fade over BoS, even as slow as Dtail is. It's hard to beat Drac's--HC or SC--but I hate them for basically being an I Win button.

So Andys + IK G/B + Shaeled Tucs would get max Tiger and 9 frame Dtail. Not bad at all, especially with Fade's bonuses. That leaves a lot of room for +MA charms and such.

One cool thing about this build is if you replace CoH with Treachery, you've got something that doesn't involve high runes. It would still be quite powerful too, and would allow you a fair amount of eq, skill point and IAS flexibility.

3. erock

erock IncGamers Member

Treachery is pretty good, though I don't really like the chance to cast fade because that will kill my BoS even tho it'll give me resists. But I'm gonna try it out to see how the fade is, I've already put the points in bos so I might as well use it eh lol

oh yeah, im in SC, so the life steal isn't as important, especially with dual bartucs and vampire gaze. I might as well use bos instead of andys, and keep the ik stuff, and pump vitality more than usual. Oh yeah and I'm shaeling my bartucs right now lol. I'll have to find out how much ias i need to max dragon tail(yeah I'm a dragon tailer too) MA Assassins kick ***.... literally

Actually after reading the ias sticky, I realised with my lvl 12 bos and bartucs i only need 34% IAS to reach a 7 frame dragon tail. So with ik on i just need 9% more ias, which ill get from shaeling my bartucs.so thats taken care of lol

4. BIGeyedBUG

BIGeyedBUG IncGamers Member

Yeah, I'd never bother with Treach on a committed BoS build. I know that people have done it and not had too hard a time, but I still don't like the idea.