Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

ideal mf?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Jeredien, Jan 29, 2004.

1. Jeredien

Jeredien IncGamers Member

ideal mf?

wondering what ideal mf is. also what are the faster cast rate break points? right now i have 308mf im wearing p topazed tals armor, p topazed shako, isted occy, arachnids mesh, magefists, armageadons fletch ammy, 2 sojs, p diamoned ss and 40% war travs. should i stick with this which yields 308mf or switch out a few things to go higher. if so how high do you think i should go for mf?

2. Majikar

Majikar IncGamers Member

First off, ditch the dupe. If you are using Tals armor, there is absolutely no reason not to use the full set. Go for Tals ammy and belt. That gets rid of the fletch, which you shouldn't be using for MF, anyways. For more mf, you can always use Nagels or other rings with mf, also charms are a good way to get more. BPs are 63% and 105% (I'm pretty sure...), so Occy (30), Tals partial set (20) and Magefists (20) get you to easiest sorc frame rate.

As for ideal MF, I tend to strive for 500.

3. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

i like using the number 300 as a good amount of mf. with that much, you balance killing power and mf fairly well. and mf has deminishing returns. the difference between 300 and 500 really isn't too much.

that being said, more mf is better. if you can handle more mf without losing killing power, do it.

4. Jeredien

Jeredien IncGamers Member

i have plenty of power becuase i have 8 cold skill charms and really nice gear. ill try to go for 500 today. this is what im thinking. now as you said partial tals set does that mean belt ammy and armor coorect and does that give the mf bonus from the set bonuses? well i figure 30 and 27 off my nagel rings 39 off chance guards 112 off armor 65 from bonuses of set 80 off occy 40 off war travs 74 off shako. and maybe 25 off shield if the case be but ss is nice.

5. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

personally i hate having my inventory filled with charms. it leaves no room for carrying items. i dont' want to have to go to town every time i find something. it might be good enuf for boss runs, but i do pit runs.

6. Firey_chasm

Firey_chasm Banned

I do mephi runs and sometimes pit runs, both are easy with my gear which is the following

shako(ptopaz)
    tals armor(ptopaz)
    tals amulet
    tals belt(15%)
    wts(mine r only 38% :()
    chancies(mine r 39% 2 hehe)
    2 x 30%nagels :)
    occy and a gd resist shield(i use moser's with 2 p diamands in)63 to allresusts :)
    then for pit running and killing meph i use 2ist ali babas and 4 ist monarch :)

Ime a pure fire sorc and so i have an a5 merc to deal with fire immunes he uses doom gaze and shaft and he copes fine with most fire immunes
    hope this helps