Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

ideal fishyzon gear?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by olddangerfield, Nov 2, 2010.

1. olddangerfield

olddangerfield Diabloii.Net Member

ideal fishyzon gear?

hey guys, i was justlooking at the fishyzon LS/IA guide and noticed it was for 1.09 and earlier patches.. it makes no mention of runewords in that guide so i was wondering what the ideal fishyzon gear would be? Or one type of ideal LS/IA fishyzon gear.. I was thinking along of:

shako
    fort?
    ss
    titans
    bk/soj
    maras
    treks
    +3 zon/20% ias

switch:lycanders or wizendraw

2. mattinm

mattinm Diabloii.Net Member

Re: ideal fishyzon gear?

I'm not sure what you mean by LS/IA Fishyzon, but here is *the* Fishyzon guide. LF/CS/FA. You should find all the information you need in there.

3. droid

droid Diabloii.Net Member

Lightning Strike/Immolation Arrow? Thats not even close to a Fishyzon, is that even a thing? You wouldnt have enough SPs to synergize both those effectively. Not to mention it would have a very weird playstyle...

But to address the question nevertheless: the gear for a "true" fishyzon, for lack of a better word, is well discussed and documented. The gear for a LS/IA zon would be the same armor-wise (both cases seek to maximize +skills, a la caster builds), but instead of a cold-focused bow like Ice or Wizendraw, you'd want a fire-focused bow like Dragon. That being said, Fire bows are underpowered compared to their Ice counterparts, and IA is underpowered compared to FA, which is why Fire zons are purely a novelty build.

4. Jsb

Jsb Diabloii.Net Member

Is a fishyzon better or worse than a pure bowazon?

Its probably a bit more resilient huh...

I play hardcore btw.

Edit: how should a fishyzon distribute stats?

I'm assuming its

-enough str to wear gear
    -enough dex for 75 block
    -rest into vit

Just need to doublecheck ;)

Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
  5. Virility

Virility Diabloii.Net Member

Fishyzon is much more resilient and versatile, soft or hardcore than a pure bow amazon.

Your assumption on stats is correct.

6. MFDeath

MFDeath Diabloii.Net Member

To OP, I assume you meant an actual "fishyzon" with FA, not IA. Here's what I would change in the gear you mentionned;

-Shako is ok but use Andys if you don't want to lose Maras
    -Fort is for physical, better with CoH here
    -forget SS, get a Spirit monarch or faceted monarch
    -Maras only with Andys, otherwise get Highlords for Shako
    -Treks are ok but you will need *lots* of mana, Silkweaves could help esp if merc doesn't have Insight
    -Belt should be Razortail period
    -Rings, gloves and Titans good
    -Lycanders ok IF shaeled, same with a high% Wizendraw but I'd just make Harmony in a +3 matriarchal bow
    -also get some cold dmg small charms

Point is you want as many +skills as possible while maintaining the ias, and making sure your mana can keep up with it.

7. crawlingdeadman

crawlingdeadman Diabloii.Net Member

personally i'd go with nightwing's over andy's. i even think that valk wing would be a good substitute if the req wasnt so high because of the oh so cool, mana per kill. i like all your other suggestions, but would point out that if he's going whole hog, he'd probably want to go with an Ice mat bow for bow side, nothing better.

8. MFDeath

True I forgot to mention Nightwing, but I feel it's more of a pure ice maiden pick than for a character using cold solely as a backup... same for Ice mat bow, obviously the bestest item for the skill but I skipped over because it's rather pricy for such selective use; I myself only rely on the "fishy style" until I can afford to go pure light with Infinity, but granted some might operate differently. So good point, Nightwings and Ice it is for the deluxe setup.

9. olddangerfield

olddangerfield Diabloii.Net Member

yea I definitely meant FA, I'm trying about going mainly Ls with FA primarily as a backup, that's why I suggested all the LS gear such as TGODS. And yes I plan on having an insight merc. And also I'm going with SS because I'm in hardcore. It's nice to have 1 piece of equipment that pretty much puts me at the 50% dr level.

10. MFDeath

Ok SS makes sense for hc, you hadn't mentioned that aspect in your original post. But LS as main? I don't understand why use anything other than CS/LF really.