Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ideal AR for BvC/BvC vs melee

Discussion in 'PvP' started by NickaliskTrent, May 26, 2008.

1. NickaliskTrent

NickaliskTrent Banned

Ideal AR for BvC/BvC vs melee

what AR should I be aiming for? What gear/prebuffs will help me achieve this? Is it absolutely necessary to get 3/20/20's? Mine are imperfect and missing some AR. My question is how much difference does 300 ar in charms equate to?

Also, how are level differences calculated in pvp? Like a lvl 85 trying to hit a lvl 95 in melee combat.

2. Uncle_Mike

Uncle_Mike D2 PvP Moderator

Re: Ideal AR for BvC

You have already asked that question in the barb forum haven't you? At level 94 (irrelevant here) my barb gains 2043 AR from a 249 raven so 300 ar would be around 2450 ar. Most common sources of AR vs. high def chars will be enchant charges from demon limb, angelics, and the hsarus combo.

The commonly listed goal is around 10k ar in pub setup without enchant IIRC. The more the merrier obviously :) If you have serious AR issues use grandcharms with high ar/life or switch to ar/life scs (cheaper than 3/xx/20s and offering up to 36 ar each).

I'm quite sure this has been discussed in the BvC guide which can be found in the guides sticky.

here's the link to the ctc formula http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=551#Chance to hit

3. NickaliskTrent

NickaliskTrent Banned

BvC vs Melee question

When a BvC duels a melee character (paladin, SS druid, another bvc) how important is it to have perfect 3/20/20's?

Would switching out for 20/30def small charms be more effective in melee vs melee situations?

Also, is it wise for a hammerdin to switch to 20/30 charms when fighting melee? added with the defense bonus from HS it seems a sizeable boost to overalldef.

4. Uncle_Mike

Re: Ideal AR for BvC/BvC vs melee

Threads merged, stop asking the same questions time and time again in multiple forum subs.

5. NickaliskTrent

NickaliskTrent Banned

It's a different question entirely, where one was addressed at 3/20/20s the other compares themto 20/30's in terms of melee effectiveness.

6. Uncle_Mike

It's the third time you are asking about 3/xx/20s. Do a search on your own posts. Have you actually read the BvC guide people were pointing you to? You've already posted countless threads about liberators, many asking the same questions...

Take this kind of discussion to PM, this is off topic.