Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Idea to get more people to duel

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by fe-crazywolf, Mar 30, 2004.

1. fe-crazywolf

fe-crazywolf IncGamers Member

Idea to get more people to duel

Well I am not really a dueler or pker, my excuse is that I am still new to hc even though I have a lvl 94 sorc and ok items. Well my proposal is that if someone is already an excellent dueler with incredible gear and generally decent skills they will have a chance to get more ears by doing this. I've seen a necro named ltme drop a cham rune, of course duped in hell blood moor and when he does that even though people are hostiled they will come out and try to grab the rune of course, he stays far back and when he sees them leave town of course teleports them and his minions surround them. I believe he's killed 4-5 people this way. So if you are a really rich dueler and just want ears and have nothing to lose except for your time and don't want to wait for all the chickens that just stand in town in a duel game for hours without coming out just tell them that your dropping something drop it close to let them see it and you'll usually get a brave soul to step out and try to steal snag your item.

*ef-crazywolf
    useast
    plays weekends

2. LuckyDwarf

LuckyDwarf IncGamers Member

I wish this would happen more often and Blizzard would allow Telekinesis to pick up items again.. :)

Lucky

3. fe-crazywolf

I both hated and loved that skill when it was not changed, loved it whenever I was playing my sorc and could take all the good drops but hated it whenever I was not a sorc and didnt have a tk ammy. Now the only good thing about tk is helping to tank with energy shield if one does decide to use it.

4. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

"Rich Duelers" most are "Super duper Nooblers" or "Botters"

"Chickens that stand in town" Boy reading that just makes me wonder what type of player you are? First impression give me the sense that you are a "1337 P\/\/NZER" type that O\/\/NZ N3\/\/BZ with your legit softy items?

Welcome to HC I am sure soon someone will get to see how bold you are when you are one of the "Chickens" sitting in town.

5. fe-crazywolf

Hey i didn't mean any offense by that comment and never claimed to have dueling skills I was merely saying that for the people who like to kill for fun that don't want to end up waiting for a long time to get an ear that this could be a good bait. And fyi I could be one of those chickens in town I never claimed otherwise so that doesn't make me a hypocrite and when have I ever used any of those words like ow3erzed or w/e, your accusations are ungrounded sir, good day.

6. baalos

baalos IncGamers Member

As an attorney friend of mine once said, "words mean things". I think what Stinger was saying is "chicken" as in chicken hack user. If this is you, then he has a point. If you play legit without any third-party programing, and use the term "chicken" as in "I am afraid you will kill me should I venture outside the relative safety of town", well that is just smart in my book.

7. fe-crazywolf

No I don't believe in chicen hack or use it or any other hacks, the game should just be played as is, legit.

8. CoonerTheRed

CoonerTheRed IncGamers Member

i don't think there are TOO many pks here who just go for ears, and care less about how it happens. most would prefer hunting players down to baiting pvmers while standing outside of town. and even fewer would have a duped cham sitting around (i sincerely hope), and even fewer than that would be willing to risk losing it...

9. Sip

Sip Banned

Bo+oak+Teleport+grab+save and exit=ty for cham.

Thats what I would do if someone did that to me while I was on my old paladin. A good 6k life should let me take a few hits.

10. FenrisWulf

FenrisWulf IncGamers Member

Anyhow, if you really wanted to give someone incentive to duel you, why not just give them loot privileges? Gambling your items for their ear sounds fair to me, and would probably draw in some of the more greedy players.

11. fe-crazywolf

He already does this of course that necro gives the other people who want to duel loot privileges but the added incentive is the cham rune that one could possibly get if they were quick enough and faster than him, however his skeletons when surrounding players deal tons of dmg and 1 have 1 second ko'ed people.

12. lasthero

lasthero IncGamers Member

Why dont we just set up some type of dueling tourney for the hardcore ppl here i was throwing aroudn this idea a few days ago in my head, everyone puts in 5 pgems or something and then 1st 2nd 3rd would get the pot. Eh thats just a suggestion sides its good to meet a few new people or other duelers you always hated heh :)

13. Spero

Spero IncGamers Member

Stinger,
    Wow, you having a bad day or something? I read the original post a couple times to try to find whatever offended you, and I don't see it. He used a couple abbreviations, but no leet speak. He didn't brag or anything, even.

Take care.

14. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

You'd be surprised how little people want to duel level 96 assassins, even when the prize is godly (in terms of what is achievable without duped runes) loot and the #1 assassin's ear...Took me like 5 hours to find someone who could kill me off...