Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Idea: "surviour mode"

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Kraszu, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Kraszu

Kraszu IncGamers Member

Idea: "surviour mode"

That is the thing that had alweys lacked to me in Diablo games. Just get closed in dangerous areas (or exclusively in a dungeon) without ability to run to safe place where you can just restock your health potions, and if something is hard you could alweys grind before the encounter (in hardcore in softcore there is no reason too) so it really doesn't matter how efficient you are, and hardcore also end up in dying becouse of single mistake as any mistake that doesn't instantly kill you is meaningless.

The game would have to be balanced for it, identify could be removed, health globes could balance small access to health potions, only hardcore, maybe advancing in hi lvls could be faster, also save&quit would actually save the game as it was when you had left so you could not grind. Dungeon don't have to be endless there is many roguelikes that have end yet even for best players is hard to archive, and nobody can do it constantly. There could also be score board for it on BN.

2. Zeek

Zeek IncGamers Member

Re: Idea: "surviour mode"

Ah when good sentences go bad.

Really I think the best you're going to get is something like the ancients quests in D2. Which I don't think is a bad thing. The ancients are a real hurdle that makes you prove your character is capable.

I think they should make battles with the prime evils like that.

For instance you hit all the seals and you have to run to the star where Diablo is summoned. Before he appears a giant ring of shooting flames forms around the star. If you try to pass through it you're burned to death instantly. You're stuck in a cage match with Diablo and if all the characters die then Diablo disappears and you need to resummon him by opening the seals. When he appears again he's back to full strength. No TPs or everything is reset just like the ancients quest.

Personally I think that would be a fun level of difficulty.

3. Kraszu

Kraszu IncGamers Member

That is good, but what I propose would also force you to do some planning, and to conserve your resources for the whole length of the game (healing potions, weapons if they will have durability). Every encounter when you loose too much HP would be meaningful.

4. Apocalypse

Apocalypse IncGamers Member

make the game too hard and no one wants to play it. sure the major fans and game players will stick around but bliz would lose probably 2/3rd of its fan base

5. Zeek

Zeek IncGamers Member

It could just be hell mode or a hardcore type option.

Heck I've played D2 since 2000 and I've never once tried out hardcore mode. Just doesn't do it for me. I don't think another mode would scare fans away.

6. stillman

stillman IncGamers Member

I'd like to see no town! Every player has some survival skills instead.

7. Slevinn

Slevinn IncGamers Member

This sort of reminds me of Diablo 1 when we would do "Iron Man" mode I think we called it. You went down into the depths and you couldn't resurface for any reason.

I like this. Maybe an option or a prompt to do this and if you and your party accepts, the evils become much harder, you can't cast a TP or run away, but the loot is better.

Interesting. Care to elaborate?