Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Idea for Horadric Cube

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by i_marsolek, Feb 10, 2004.

1. i_marsolek

i_marsolek IncGamers Member

Idea for Horadric Cube

I am not a computer whiz by any means but I was wondering if this would be possible. I have collected many, many, many gems of different variety. I am loathing the idea of cubing 500 times to make my perfect gems. I was wondering if there is a utility where I could dump my atma file of gems into it and it could spit out the most upgraded form of them (I put in 9 chipped topazes and it deletes those and gives me 1 regular topaz). Or perhaps an excel file that I could type in the number of each type and it shows me what I could have in the end. Like the rune calculator that Butz posted earlier.

Thanks,

Isaac

2. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

Hakai talked about adding a cubing feature in ATMA, maybe this could be one use for it *shrugs*

3. farting bob

farting bob Banned

i odnt know about the utility (3rd party program needed so it wouldnt be posted here) but im sure someone can do a spreadsheet. very simple, i would do 1, but its not worht the time.
    no. of upgrade gems = original gems / (3^upgrade lvls needed)
    'upgrade lvls neded' is how many lvls the final gems will be above the original gem
    eg:flawless is 4 lvls above chipped)

4. randy

randy IncGamers Member

i kinda feel that if it was meant to be that easy it would be. i mean how much of the game do we relegate to tedious inconvience before there is no game left.

5. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

Personally I like the idea. But I'm sure purists will wave the stick again... ;)

6. farting bob

farting bob Banned

randy has a point. you can do it jsut as well manually, but makign a program do it, you might as well use a bot to pick up all uniques and runes without you havign to look or a program that pauses the game if you go below a cerain life. all these can be done by you, but are easier to get a program to do it for you. i say, stick with the old method, who the game should have been played..

7. i_marsolek

i_marsolek IncGamers Member

I guess I feel this is comparing apples and oranges. Changing something that happens in-game is quite a bit different (especially item finding, and death avoidance) than having a program outside that only speeds up a tedious process IMO. I would imagine quite a few people have a number of runes, and gems they would like to have cubed up. I don't see this as changing the integrity of the game-again just my opinion.

8. Louie

Louie IncGamers Member

*Starts Waving Stick Wildly*

*accidentally hits Nightfish*

Oops, sorry!!!

Louie

-edit- who is that nighfish guy anyway?