Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Idea about a strange PvP build (CB assa)

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by BattleCookie, Feb 18, 2004.

1. BattleCookie

BattleCookie IncGamers Member

Idea about a strange PvP build (CB assa)

Hiho,

cuz here are some good duellers around, I'd like to have your comments about an idea i had.

I got the idea to build an assassin which uses high lvl crushing blow and deadly strike. This should not be used by her weapons, but by her blade-shield. I read somewhere, that blade-shield gains the mods crushing blow, deadly strike and range from the assassins weapon and other items. So would it be possible to create an assassin using a long range weapon (pike maybe) and load with lots of CB and DS and then just wait till an opponent comes close to take his life down very fast?

Items would be such like (Giblin toe, rattlecage, guillamaes, honor pike, etc.)

CB in PvP takes 1/8 life, right?
    with CS, this makes 1/4 per hit. still right?
    With a fast weapon this can be several hits per second. this right too?

So could such a build work in pvp?

BC

2. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

1. I believe CB in pvp is 1/10.

2. I don't believe CB and DS stack so to speak... as in if you successfully roll both that the crushing damage gets doubled, it's one or the other.

Correct me if I'm wrong though.

3. BtK-radth

BtK-radth IncGamers Member

i also belive cb takes 1/10
    i also heard that if u ds a cb hit the dmg is 1/5.
    I think this is true, based on the 40% cb and 33% ds in my baba.
    i will be fighting clone when his life will take large hits that i'm pretty sure were not just like 8k. (which is ds on normal hit)

4. det

det IncGamers Member

Always a good idea to go to the assassin forum and read their guides. Some are about PvP, but even the PvM include PvP ideas.

I think everybody will tell you that no shield in HC duelling is instant death
    CB is on Strenght runeword, so no need for pike.

35 Guillaumes, 25 Strenth Runeword 25 Goblintoe (upgrade maybe? Gore Rider would be even better)..Thats already 85.

Nice sources to deal this out are (next to BS) Blade Fury and Dragon Talon (conventional build however)

In addition, High lv Venom can be helpful (10 frames duration) Depends what lv you plan to go for (Guillaumes needs 115 str, which is a lot ;) )

5. amperel

amperel IncGamers Member

what u are talking about is 1.09 assasin "blender" build which uses blade shield to transfer cb, freeze and other mods to the surrounding enemies. with a long range weapon u could potentially take down a mob very fast. but mainly it's pvm build - haven't heard of it's pvp feasiblity.

as of 1.10, blade shield still leeches but crushing blow and deadly strike don't work on it anymore. all the mods that previously work on blade shield now work on blade fury.

6. BattleCookie

Well the whole idea was based on dishing out the CB and DS using the blade shield. And the pike was suggested for having a long range. So a one handed weapon wouldnt be that nice.

But thanx for the reply. :)

BC

7. BattleCookie

Yes, that was the idea ... but ...

... if it doesnt work anymore with blade shield the whole idea is gone.

Thanx for that info!
    BC