Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

iceblink bowazon?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by bleuless, Feb 5, 2004.

1. bleuless

bleuless IncGamers Member

iceblink bowazon?

i knew at one point they were "popular" do they exist anymore? is there any guide? i was fooling around with iceblink on my assassin (making a 1.10 freezing melee shattering kicking sin aka messing around sin) and found that to my amaze how fun it is to freeze stuff and shatter them. if i can apply my freezing and shattering to the masses with a bow, i can't imagine what level of fun will i be playing.

any takers?

ps. you can upgarde uniques now so its even better, i already upgraded mine to exceptional... and going to elite seems cheap enough as well.

2. Mehemnoc

Mehemnoc IncGamers Member

Hmmm. Never considered it. Just a guess, but I don't think the freeze ability of iceblink alone will be adequate in Hell, but perhaps with an upgraded burrito in the mix... might be fun to try. :)

3. Boooyakasha

Boooyakasha IncGamers Member

Aaaah Ice Blink :) It used to be godly in Classic but the days had gone since they change it. It used to be 100% Freeze target, and later been patched to depends on your character's level. Do not know what they do to it now in patch 1.10

Imagine a barb whirls through a pack of monsters, turning everyone of them into a blue statue, yup that was the day.

4. brackk

brackk IncGamers Member

Reminds me how the necros would holler when i went through cows with my ice maiden. There was not a corpse to be found :p

5. retrovamp

retrovamp IncGamers Member

Not sure if this applies to freezing from armor, but don't forget that freeze length decrease in hell. I forgot, might have been only 25% or 50%. When length is short, you need rapid fire contuously on enemies to keep them cold. One thing you can think about is getting an Eye of Etlich amulet, which has a hidden cold duration that was 10 seconds or something. I'm sure there is a thread some forum somewhere right now explaining it. However I have not yet tried that ammy in hell. It should at least last a few seconds.

something you can definitely try is having frozen arrow with max pierce. to go beyond that, you can even try a holy freeze merc (nm act 2 defensive) and give him reaper's toll thresher (decrep %). If you can't freeze them too long, next best thing is to make em super super super slow. Maybe u can even equip cleglaws / nos coil / blackhorns =).

6. Lyrs

Lyrs IncGamers Member

yeah, slow 'em to a crawl withitems and if you want, get yourself an item with decrepfiy charges and you'll basically turned them into still frames.

7. Broncobiv2

Broncobiv2 IncGamers Member

The Eye of Etlich has a hidden cold duration of between 2 and 10 seconds. To test it, equip only the ammy (nothing else with cold damage, including charms), punch something, and count how long it stays cold.

The cold duration is 100% in normal, 50% in nightmare, and 25% in hell. So a perfect cold duration Etlich will last 10 seconds in norm, 5 in nightmare, and 2.5 in hell.

Check out Freyas FA guide if you're interested in freezing everything. I made a FA zon based off the guide and it's really fun.

8. bunghole

bunghole IncGamers Member

hey i was just wonderin how exactly the iceblink worked? I tried it on a low lvl bowazon and it didnt freeze anything...how does the lvl to monster lvl relationship go in this situation. It sounds fun to put on my FA/strafe zon, for a freezin strafe.