Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ice and Fire

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by BubbaHoTep, May 2, 2008.

1. BubbaHoTep

BubbaHoTep IncGamers Member

Ice and Fire

I just started a HC Zon and was planning on doing a magezon with ice and fire. 20 cold arrow, 20 freezing arrow, 20 immo, 20 fire arrow, 1 point in prereqs to get valk and the rest in exploding arrow. So my questions are:

Kuko fires exploding arrows. Are those synergized by my fire arrow points?
    Is immoltion arrow a good/decent boss killer? With the 1 sec cast delay and 3 sec burn time that means there could be three arrows stacked burning at once IF the boss is standing still.
    If I use Kuko with the 50% pierce would it be truely worth the extra 4-5 points to get pierce skill to 49%?

Any other concerns or comments?

2. Pif

Pif IncGamers Member

Re: Ice and Fire

Hi,

I would swap immolation arrow for exploding arrow and ignore immolation arrow completely. I don't play HC but I guess you'll need quite a few points in health so it might make sense to use an INSIGHT on an act 2 merc so you don't also need a huge amount of mana. My zons usually have quite tough valks and I would imagine that's especially important in HC so you might want to put extra points there?

Good luck!

Cheers

Pif

3. NASE

NASE IncGamers Member

have you read this?
    http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=648019&page=2

P.S. fire is weak, and if this is your first, or one of your first, hardcore characters. Don't take fire/ice. Fire/ice isn't popular is assumed to be weak in softcore. I don't even want to think about how it will do in hardcore.

Anyway, yes kuko will get synergized, though the damage isn't good enough to make it anywhere near useful. Immolation arrow isn't good, it does to little damage and it can't be fired fast enough. It's better to spend your points in exploding arrow and it's synergy then in immolation arrow.
    I tried immolation arrow and it really is weak.

P.S. if you are using kuko, don't put more then one point in pierce. Let +skill work to get your pierce higher and spend hard points in damage skills or valk/decoy.

4. prion

prion IncGamers Member

kuko fires level 7 exploding arrows which will give you 108-122 damage if synergized. That just wont do anything at all for you.