Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

IAS Trap Laying Question

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by SeDnA, Mar 26, 2005.

1. SeDnA

SeDnA IncGamers Member

IAS Trap Laying Question

Lets say i got 2 claws... each with +30%Ias... when i lay traps does it count as 60Ias or do the claws alternate... and counts as 30%ias instead? thanks for answering my question... i still got a lot to learn from u guys

2. xxraiderxx

xxraiderxx IncGamers Member

I'm sure it counts as 60 ias.

3. SeDnA

SeDnA IncGamers Member

How about from other equipment? Like lets say i got Mav's Diadem... will that count too? thanks for letting me know... im still a big noob =D

Heh... forgot to include this... how about WSM? lets say i got runic talons on the right hand... and suwayyah on the left, which WSM will it count? alternate? or right-hand talon? or left-hand talon :rolleyes: ?

Oh yes one more thing... i've been planning equipment and skills for my trapper on L... She's Pvp and she'll be using:

Bp enigma
    Trap Claws [ Maybe with 2 15%Res Jewels ]
    Maras
    Fcr Rings
    Magefists
    Arachnids
    Boots [ Don't Know Yet ]
    Helm [ Don't Know Yet ]

This way... i tink i could reach the 9 fram bp and get 60% fcr... maybe i'll increase that to 75 somehow... if not i'll remove one fcr ring and put a soj... What would be the best way for getting resists? I am running low on runes... so please spare me don't give me godly equipment suggestions like 2skill/2soc/20fcr/20resall/20str circlets... I tried calculating my resists... Anya = 30, Fcr Rings = 20, Jewels = 30, Anni = 19, thats 99 Resists... any suggestions?

I think i'll max...
    Trap Tree
    LS and all synergies 80 Skill pnts
    Prereq 1
    Shadow Disciplines Tree
    1 BoS
    ? Weap Block
    1 Mb
    4 Prereq
    ? Shadow Master

Please give me some guidance...

4. eA-Zaku

eA-Zaku IncGamers Member

I think only the primary claw's IAS bonus and non-weapon IAS works.

5. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

I think you're right...

If you want resists you could get Rockstopper which should be very easy to find and can give up to 40% resists, also has faster hit recovery and damage reduction...very nice. Rare boots are an easy way to get good resists, but also Natalyas boots give decent resist.

6. SeDnA

SeDnA IncGamers Member

Primary claw? The one on my right hand? So if i got a claw which doesn't add any IAS on my right and a claw whichs adds 100% IAS on my left, I don't get any IAS? Non-weapon IAS refers to any part of my equipment other than claws right?

I think i'm gonna use kira's and maybe shael it since it gives cbf and good resists.

7. jrichard

jrichard IncGamers Member

Gun is right, only the IAS on your primary claw counts. Your primary claw is the one you equip first. Read the sticky on Attack Speeds for a longer explanation. Of how equiping order affects attack speeds.

jrichard

8. nightaswz

nightaswz IncGamers Member

hmmm, i just read the entire thread on IAS Tables and ill have to admit im a bit confused.. i know that WMS is the weapon's base speed but what in god's name is EIAS and how is it important at all? =)

I have 2x greater talon claws, both have base speed of -30
    One has of swiftness mod socketed with 1 shael, adding a total of +50 ias
    The other has no ias whatsoever
    So how do i calculate whether it hits 9 frame trap laying speed with no BoS if my trap claw of swiftness is my primary claw (left side i believe)?

9. BIGeyedBUG

BIGeyedBUG IncGamers Member

Easy. Go to the tables on the first page of the IAS thread and look at Trap-laying. Calculate your WSM by averaging that of both of your weapons-- -30. Look at the first row for no BoS. You'll see that you only need 42 IAS from your primary weapon and/or off-weapon to reach 9 frames. Make sure that the talon with 50 IAS is primary by equipping it first and in the inventory-left slot. Now you're good to go.