Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

IAS part two

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Lord Chaos, Mar 18, 2004.

1. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos IncGamers Member

IAS part two

Ok, so I have a choice to make.

I am making the Crescent moon runeword and I'd like it to be the best possible for my paladin.

I have the choice between phase blade (faster) or cryptic sword (more damage, or any other sword thats about as slow)

The problem is that phase blade allows me to reach the 4 FPA limit, while the Cryptic Sword and others only allows me 5 FPA.

So which is the best, that extra 1 FPA (which apparently would give me 1.2 more attacks per round to zeal/fanatism) or the little extra damage.

2. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

Phase Blade - 33 average damage - 4 frames - 6.2 attacks/s - 204.6 dmg/s
    Cryptic Sword - 41 average damage - 5 frames - 5 attacks/s - 205 dmg/s

Looks like the cryptic sword is going to end up giving the most dmg/s after all is said and done. The only reason you may want to hang on to the phase blade is if you have a spell that is cast on striking (static field is one on crescent moon). Also, another downfall to the cryptic sword is its low minimum damage.

3. adamfgt78

adamfgt78 IncGamers Member

Since you're using Crescent Moon, I'm guessing that you'll be using Holy Shock? If that's the case, I'd definitely go with the phase blade. The 1 less frame per attack will result in 20% more attacks(damage). Since you're not really going to be boosting your physical damage with skills, the tiny bit of extra damage on the cryptic sword won't make a real difference.

4. Lord Chaos

No, its standard fanatism Zealot....I just like to know how much difference the one attack makes, especially considering every bonus.

5. adamfgt78

I'm curious about why you chose to use Cresent Moon. Is it for the % chance to cast Static and Chain Lightning? If so, then the phase blade will be the way to go due to the larger number of hits. If not for the lightning effects, I would recommend Lightsabre or another sword instead. The LS has bigger damage, just as fast, ITD, mana leach, additional lightning and magic damage, also chance to cast CL, and an awesome 25% lightning absorb. Hell, after listing out all the good mods, I'd say go with LS instead.

6. Lord Chaos

Heh, don't even have a lightsabre.

7. adamfgt78

Heh, you've got an UM don't you? That's a Lightsabre and more in the trade forums :)

What realm are you on? If you're softcore, ladder, USEast then I can give you a LS for free.

8. Lord Chaos

I kinda think the minus to enemy lightning resistance and static field (and chain lightning) makes up for the lacks compared to lightsabre.

But I dunno :/

9. Origin

Origin IncGamers Member

what do you need minus to enemy lightning res for if youre doing a fanat zealot? o_O

10. Zenkat

Zenkat IncGamers Member

If youre using fanatasism, then almost any weapon will do, becuase ias can be had on all your gear getting any weapon to 4frames.

Personally i'd make a crescent moon conquest sword just to be different.
    The only positive with a phase blade is the fact it wont ever break, making it so you dont need to repair after every 50 monster kills.

11. Lord Chaos

I will not be having IAS on anywhere else...so its essential that Fanatism+weapon=4 FPA