IAS/CB/etc affect on the skellies

papyrus

Diabloii.Net Member
IAS/CB/etc affect on the skellies

I wonder if I equip my necro with CB, IAS, AR items, will these properties go to my summoned skellies too? or does it only affect the summoner and in this case just my necro.

My current build is a skelly commando and I don't bother equipt him with all those IAS, CB, AR items. The only thing that I am looking for is +skill for my skellies. But if this assumption is wrong, then I need to start looking for the IAS, CB, AR stuffs too now.

Any help is appreciated.

Knight Terror

Diabloii.Net Member
papyrus said:
I wonder if I equip my necro with CB, IAS, AR items, will these properties go to my summoned skellies too? or does it only affect the summoner and in this case just my necro.

My current build is a skelly commando and I don't bother equipt him with all those IAS, CB, AR items. The only thing that I am looking for is +skill for my skellies. But if this assumption is wrong, then I need to start looking for the IAS, CB, AR stuffs too now.

Any help is appreciated.
The only thing that affects on your skeleton army is the level of the skill. Equipment bonuses only apply to the necromancer himself (unless an aura item is equipped, then your minions will get the effects of the aura.)

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
The Necro only lends his Clvl, MF and GF to the Skellies. Other mods from gear are not transferred.

Knight Terror

Diabloii.Net Member
I have a question:

If you're a commando mancer, why aren't you interested in using +IAS, CB and AR items? These seem pretty important to me...

Mad Mantis

Knight Terror said:
If you're a commando mancer, why aren't you interested in using +IAS, CB and AR items? These seem pretty important to me...
Most people tend to forget that a Commandomancer is more than just a strong army of Skellies with a lot of decent auras. They do not use the melee component.

Knight Terror

Diabloii.Net Member
Mad Mantis said:
Most people tend to forget that a Commandomancer is more than just a strong army of Skellies with a lot of decent auras. They do not use the melee component.
I've always considered a commandomancer to be a melee/summon hybrid.

papyrus

Diabloii.Net Member
Actually I build my necro mostly on the summoning part, the remaining points go to the curse and CE. So I don't have poison or bone attack. This is the reason why I am only looking for the +skill stuff.

However, after reading all replies the second time, I do not realize that a necro can melee too beside relying on his skellies.

Now I have another questions, what weapon or equipment does commandomancer use?

thanks.

batuchka

Diabloii.Net Member
Some Commandomancers use beast in double/war axes or war scepters and do not go melee at all. One reason could be that they find the right balance of +skills and AR difficult to acheive to go melee. It doesn't help that necro has no weapon mastery to help in the AR/chance to hit factor. Poison Dagger does not work in bear form. So AR is going to come from Fan aura and items granting +AR/%bonus AR. Also one cannot cast curses, CE, tele and resummon when in bear form. No arguements about the life boost in bear form and style points if you have a decent chance to hit bear necro in Hell :D For Commandomancers wishing to go melee a Beast in warspike, cadacues or beserker axe is mostly used. Perhaps the effects of Conviction aura and HOW spirit may aid greatly in the chance to hit question in this case. NC had done some awesome calculations with pride, beast, HOW and Infinity in a recent thread and that might be very useful in deciding if you wish to make use of the option of going melee. Cheers :D

Mad Mantis

batuchka said:
Perhaps the effects of Conviction aura and HOW spirit may aid greatly in the chance to hit question in this case.
Don’t forget the fact that you can use Angelic combo and gain a boost from the Bear form.

lCE

Diabloii.Net Member
Why bother to melee with a necro if u have a powerful army that can annihilate anything in seconds? Surely the 800 damage/second that the necro himself can inflict wont make any difference at all? (just something ive never understood).

Mad Mantis

lCE said:
Why bother to melee with a necro if u have a powerful army that can annihilate anything in seconds?
Why not? Is there a law stating that I can not enjoy myself when playing? Must everything be done in the most efficient manner possible? Some of use enjoy doing things differently. IMO that is the beauty of a game like Diablo.