Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I you had a spare Windforce, what would you want for it? i

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Snake, Feb 15, 2004.

1. Snake

Snake IncGamers Member

I you had a spare Windforce, what would you want for it?

I am looking for a Windforce for some time now, but I would like to know what you guys would ask for it? What items have the same value as a windforce basicly?

How many people around here have a spare?

2. SincereX13

SincereX13 IncGamers Member

I do have a spare but it is already going to somebody else in return for an item that I traded them awhile back. Expect to pay a lot, it may not be the rarest of the TC87 uniques but it is probably the most useful.

3. Gohanman

Gohanman IncGamers Member

I'd say something else TC87 or a high end rune or two (assuming you have ample reputation to trade high end runes -- no insult intended, I just don't really know you myself).

4. Takis

Takis IncGamers Member

Just found my first one and I've been playing since the game came out. Like SincereX13 and Gohanman said, expect to pay alot.

Your best bet is to post your request on the trade post and see if anyone has one for trade.

Takis (El_Greco)

5. Kremtok

Kremtok IncGamers Member

I tend to assign the "value" of an item according to how useful it is to me. Of course, I wouldn't trade it for something that I could easily find myself, but if someone offered me something I need for something I don't need, I would probably accept. I'm different than most in that respect, though. I don't have any interest in improving my "wealth" in the game of Diablo 2, and I have more crap than I really need anyway, some of it very good.

So to answer your question, I would expect something useful in return that I couldn't find myself without too much hassle.

6. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

If I had one, it would be on my bowazon.

If I had two, I would trade the second for something I needed to perfect another character I was playing at the time. Wouldn't have to be an uber-elite itamz or anything in my case; I just want something cool like a Homunculus for my necro or an Arreat's for one of my barbs . . .

But I have zero Windforces, so sorry! :p

7. Mr_McGee

Mr_McGee IncGamers Member

I traded for one in a blockbuster trade back in 1.09 ... I don't remember exactly what I payed for it but I know I dished out a couple 37+%ed/15ias jewels in that trade.

8. Ravenforce3

Ravenforce3 IncGamers Member

About eight months ago, I traded an unidentified Stormshield for what was supposed to be a .09 WF and a .08 GF, although the stats on the GF weren't those from .08. Personally, I don't like Windforce. It's supposed to be so great because it is the most elite bow out there. The advantages over the upgradeable bows now is negligable (sp?). I upgraded a Goldstrike recently (thank you, Pit) and it does almost as much damage as a Windforce. Granted, the Windforce has that max damage mod, but Goldstrike has so many other mods that make it, IMO, superior to the Windforce.

9. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

oh no, that is MINE!! :lol: i have your GF in a day or 3-4 so have some patience plz justin ^^

well i must agree with raven here, a upgraded Goldstrike (good ed) is really sweet IMO, it only lacks the big max damge of a WF, but if u lack a WF, an upgraded goldy can do the job pretty good

10. supermatt

supermatt IncGamers Member

yeah, these baby's are expensive, it's my opinion that Windforce is the best item in the game.

i have one in 1.09, but am still holding thumbs for my 1.10 WF

:) matt

11. Snake

Snake IncGamers Member

No insult taken. I am a bit new here, but believe me duping items is the last thing I would do.

12. buster

buster IncGamers Member

Windforce is my primary magic finding goal too. I think I would be more happy to see a Hydra Bow drop than a Tyrael's Might. My first decent D2 character was a Zon (also my first Mat/Pat and still my primary MF'er) so I've been looking for and trying to trade for one ever since. Unfortunately without much luck yet. :(

13. farting bob

farting bob Banned

i dunno buster, seeing tyraels might drop willbe very sweet...
    after i'd pick myself off the floor, id trade it for many elite uniques or multiple very high end runes. a windforcejust wont attract that kinda trade. and since i have no bowazons (maybe a few lvl 1 zon mules, but they dont really count) i would trade my first windforce i find.

14. Snake

Snake IncGamers Member

I just found a magical hydra bow. Coud this be a sign? :uhhuh:

I was wandering if it is possible that a map-seed can't drop surten items?

15. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

If I had a spare WF I'd give it away to somebody I know. Well, either that or I'd trade it for a few HC Shaftstops. The "price" always depends on what I need. As I have a lot of stuff (grail - 1 :teeth: ) and don't believe in trading runes there is not really a lot people could offer me so I just give away excess stuff.

16. factotum

factotum IncGamers Member

SPARE Windforce? I only just found my first Goldstrike Arch--I can only DREAM of owning a Windforce! (I suppose I could trade that Stormshield for one, but since that shield will be so perfect for my Defiant paladin I think I'll be holding on to it for the moment :)).

17. NorthStarZon

NorthStarZon IncGamers Member

you really want to know

First off there's no such thing as a 'spare Windforce'... but if I had one i....nm

Yea! "Use the Force Luke" remember don't ask if you know the answer :grrr:

nsz

edit: i traded a 1.09 Stormspire (sp) for one.... but i got a lot else too. :)

18. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

you are saying that you gave a unid stormsheild for a WF and GF? :scratch:

19. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

maybe he ment his WiFe and GrandFather :lol: i know i would give both for a unid SS :p

20. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

why the heck would any one want to give that for stormshield???

dont get it its not like its all that good