I would've killed myself.

Idalia Snoweyes

Diabloii.Net Member
If you have the money to buy things like that, it would not be as big of a loss as it would be to any 'normal' person.

On the otherhand... yes, that would suck hard.

caddad

Diabloii.Net Member
Love that quote. "Oh s---,' he said. 'Look what I've done. Thank goodness it was me."

-D2netDad

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah, I saw that in a newspaper. What an incredible idiot. Maybe you should like, not point right at a painting that apparently isn't behind protective glass. That's like people who point at things on the monitor by shoving their grubby fingers so close they touch the damn things. Frigging primates.

bg1256

Diabloii.Net Member
There's gotta be more to the story... How do you point at a painting so hard that you poke a hole in it?

Only drunk guys would do that, imo.

pancakeman

Diabloii.Net Member
How do you point at a painting so hard that you poke a hole in it?
It wasn't the pointing, it was his elbow.

Yeah, I saw that in a newspaper. What an incredible idiot. Maybe you should like, not point right at a painting that apparently isn't behind protective glass. That's like people who point at things on the monitor by shoving their grubby fingers so close they touch the damn things. Frigging primates.
I hate people like that. There is only so much displayed on the screen, you don't have to ACTUALLY TOUCH IT. A general point would do.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Stompwampa said:
Well the guy did have a disease that disrupted his peripheral vision...
I know, but I would've thought that in view of this he might be a little more careful with his priceless art collection...

MinasMorgul

Diabloii.Net Member
Ain't old canvases really thick? Meaning he'd have to hit it pretty hard, right? And with the amount of momentum and force you need to damage the painting you'd figure he would be more careful, like people said?

Atleast he dosen't seem to be in shambles over it.

MinasMorgul said:
Ain't old canvases really thick? Meaning he'd have to hit it pretty hard, right? And with the amount of momentum and force you need to damage the painting you'd figure he would be more careful, like people said?

Atleast he dosen't seem to be in shambles over it.
It is old cotton(I think) and very stiff from being treated/painted. Here on the news they said he fell a bit and that is what did it.

He isn't in shambles because he makes that much money in a month.

Lord Nyax

Banned
Didn't they say that he was a Millionare?

Didn't they say that the painting was $139 Million?

How does he make no less than 1/8 his entire fortune in a month, again? How does he do that in a year? Poor guy, I bet he's real happy with himself.

Lord Nyax

Banned
Thing is, the Mona Lisa is one of DaVinci's worst works. No one knows why he liked it so much...but the reason it's so famous is because he carried it with him...not because it's good...

If you ever do visit the Luve, check it out. It's freakin' tiny...and ugly...