Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I would like everyone's opinion (socketing)

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by hearshot03., Mar 31, 2004.

1. hearshot03.

hearshot03. IncGamers Member

I would like everyone's opinion (socketing)

Hey everyone! I'm having trouble deciding on what to socket my Moser's shield with. I have a Meteorb sorc who is currently using a Lidless Wall, but because I invested so many points into dexterity hoping to have full block, I want to get full use of the dexterity and use a shield with higher block. I was mainly trying to decide between Eld Rune/P Diamond or 2 P Diamonds, unless anyone else has another opinion. I was thinking an Eld Rune could max out for a 75% chance to block for the Moser's, and I would still get another 19% resist all from 1 pdiamnd to add to the 25 it comes with. Or should I go 2 p diamonds considering it already has a 67% chance to block? Any opinions or other options? THANKS!
    hearshot

2. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast IncGamers Member

Depends a bit on your current resists i think. imo resists are more important than a few points of dex so i alway go for 2 p diamonds in mosers.
    If u already got more than enough resists it might open up a slot for something better..

3. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

once you get to hell, resists are very important. i say go with 2 perfect diamonds.

4. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

For me, that would depend on the rest of your equipment, how high the three "main" resistances already are.

* If you need a boost to all three of them, two perfect diamonds.

* If you need some boost to all three, but much more to a single one, 1 perfect diamond and 1 perfect ruby/sapphire/topaz.

* If you would have, say, already around 70% resistance (when the penalty for playing on Hell is taken into consideration) to two of them and around 0 in the third, 2 perfect gems of the appropriate type.

The main concern is to get the fire/cold/lightning resistances up to 75 (or more, if you have specific items for that). High blocking is good, but not vital to this type of character that is not hit so much.

5. Forcefeedback

Forcefeedback IncGamers Member

Crafted safety amulet can have up to 10% increased chance of blocking, so you could compensate with that and lob in 2 Pdiamonds just as whomhead said.

6. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

well 2 pdiamonds and then upgrade it.

like this

Moser's Blessed Circle
    Luna
    Defense: 362
    Chance to Block: 65%
    Durability: 84 of 84
    Required Strength: 100
    Required Level: 52
    Item Version: Expansion
    Item Level: 90
    Fingerprint: 0xa266b30c
    +218% Enhanced Defense
    +25% Increased Chance of Blocking
    All Resistances +63
    Required Level +7
    30% Faster Block Rate
    Socketed (2: 2 used)

of course this is if you can get the str needed

7. Artea

Artea IncGamers Member

As everyone one, you must adjust your sockets to the rest of your equipement. My own Meteor/Orb sorceress use a Whistan Guard with a Perfect Diamond for the awesome block it provides.

Generally since you can add resistance on shields with the use of simple Perfect Diamonds, I usually do so. This way you have more liberty to select other gear and still have near max resistance in Hell :)

Artea.

8. nemar

nemar IncGamers Member

max blocking for me is evident. resist could be take by charm or other equipment, not blocking (exept with crafted amulet like say before).

and you can change with the unsocket cubing.