Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I wish we payed for battle.net...

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by toader, Feb 2, 2004.

1. toader

toader Banned

I wish we payed for battle.net...

that way I could take legal action against them for denying me service. I know it sounds stupid, but I am EXTREMELY sick and farking tired of b.net denying service after you change characters 2-3 times in a row in succession. What a dumb idea. Im assuming its some kind of bot prevention they think they have built in. Thats the equivelant of a doctor putting a band-aid on someones chest when they are having a heart attack. What a horrible idea. To make it so that their crappy programming cant be "botted" they go and make normal game play a pain for the rest of us.

Im sorry, this is just a rant, I have just had it up to my farking ears with this stupid new BS they have of kicking people off for 10 minutes at a time when characters are switched. I honestly think b.net will never be a paying service, because if people paid, then people could hold them legally responsible for all the stupid things they did. And since they probably dont have enough confidence in their programming to make a product that they could be held responsible for...they will never charge for it.

God im pissed.

Well, hopefully by now, at the end of this rant, the 10 minutes has passed and I can go log on and do what I can to crash their servers. Lets see how they like it when they get denied for 10 minutes.

edit: sorry, im just pissed, I know you ALL know the feeling.

2. tl998

tl998 Banned

Yeah yeah it's an annoyance. Just be a bit patient, and you'll be ok :)

3. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

Tis true, sometimes blizzard goes too far with their so called prevention methods. It's a joke for me now - "Be sure not to quickly scroll that button on your mouse unless you want to spend some time on the bench!"

I wonder though... Do you really mean that - about paying? Sure maybe when you are stuck in a fit of frustration you may feel that way, I know I do. But everyday that I am calm and collected, I feel grateful that i'm not being charged to play such a game as Diablo 2.

4. TiggerTheDragon

TiggerTheDragon IncGamers Member

Yeah i lost an IK armor because of this. Was trying to mule it to another of my characters and i got the 15 minute cannot connect ot bnet crap.

5. Ridureyu

Ridureyu IncGamers Member

Ooh! Ooh! HACKING THREAT! I think this guy needs to be banned right now.

6. Fearox

Fearox IncGamers Member

I always try to do something useful when I get the "unable to connect..."-sign. Give the poor flowers some water, rest my computer-fried eyes, give my girlfriend a hug, throw away some old pizza and so on. I end up lying on the sofa staring at the cealing almost every time, but that's another story.

7. Ibex

Ibex IncGamers Member

Just wait like 5-10 seconds in the character selection screen. Then it won't kick you out (Hasn't kicked me yet at least). And 5-10 seconds waiting shouldn't be too hard.

8. toader

toader Banned

Yes, I really mean that. Its nice having it free, but being able to hold someone accountable is SOOO nice. I am a working guy, not a teenie-bopper, so monthly fees arent a big deal for me. Escpecially when I know it will bring better service or players being able to hold the company accountable. Would be worth it.

Serisouly...get a life. If that was supposed to be a sarcastic attempt at humor...you failed, next time add more sarcasm. If it was serious....then get a life.

Thats a good idea...never tried that. I always just try saying something in the chat channels before changing players, Ill have to try your idea.

9. SquareRootOfBob

SquareRootOfBob IncGamers Member

They'd probably add something into their Terms of Service to prevent that...

10. ericbres

ericbres IncGamers Member

Maybe it's me ... but something sounds funny about ...

Please charge me for the service I am unhappy with ... so I can sue you.

A little more comical than ...

Darn you for making me sit 10 minutes ... because I was trying to cheat in your game.
    (no need for the argument on whether muling is cheating, you and I may think it isn't, Blizz is all that matters, and they think it is)

What has America come to?

11. toader

toader Banned

Well, thats life. When you grow up you will understand the importance of contracts and and legal responsibility. I dont want to sue them, I want to hold them accountable, which they should be.

I must have missed the part about me saying anything about muling....can you quote it for me?

In actuality, I was changing between my sorcs and necro trying to help someone get the Anya quest in hell. I kept getting things that were immunes and I needed to switch. Im not saying I dont mule, but this topic I started had nothing to do with muling.

And...blizzard does not think it cheating to mule. They just dont support it. Meaning, if you mule and lose items...then they dont really care. There is nothing in the EULA about muling, and blizzard hasnt made any negative statements about it...they just dont care, good or bad.

12. Unholy_Carnage

Unholy_Carnage IncGamers Member

Since youre being mature (snicker) about the issue why dont you put a whoopie cusion in one of their chairs or maybe a worm in their lunch.

Secondly, you wouldnt deny them a thing. But youd deny us.

I suggest you use a little more intelligence when posting next time.

13. stormpool

stormpool IncGamers Member

Annoys me too..

Especially when I wanna reset the clocks on a few mules :eek:)

Or what else annoys me ..is when i do baal runs.. I quit - paste game name - change last digit - press enter

and it fails to load.. bah! ...

1 minute later.. and now it's full ! great...

14. ericbres

32 year old male ... wife ... 2 children (10 and 3) ... veteran of the US Military (operation desert storm) ... currently in the process of re-enlisting to work in the reserves as a counter-terrorism/physical security instructor, due to the heavy need recently ... Humanitarian Award (for lifesaving ... from the US Government ... not the BIG Humanitarian award) ... lead technical support rep for one of the nations largest A.V. companies ... if there is any more mature than that, you let me know.
    (note for future reference - be much more careful who you poke a stick at while posting in a forum. Especially when they use their real name as their user name. A clear indicator they have nothing to hide.)

Secondly ... don't get so defensive, I wasn't poking fun. Heck, my second (intended) comical post wasn't even in reference to you.

Thirdly ... I HAVE been forced into being a plaintiff in a sexual abuse lawsuit AND a personal injury lawsuit. I take the law very seriously.
    If you want to be serious ... the world is full of frivilous lawsuits ... and even more full of people threatening them. Whether "intentionally" or not. Unintentional can be just as harmful, because you could put the idea into someone else's mind.

You clearly stated a threat of legal action ... frivolous.
    You want to pay for something that you are unhappy with ... so you can take that legal action.
    You, in this case, would be no better than the people who purposely slip on the milk they see spilled in the grocery store.

Edit - as a serious funny, and not really poking fun at anyone so I can leave the door open in case there is a "English as a second language" issue here. But the same guy who told me to "grow up" ... says he wishes he "payed" (paid) for B-Net.

15. ericbres

On topic ...
    I would like to pay for B-net personally because I feel it would reduce the quantity of people playing, thus reducing lag.
    It would also be nice if they intended on using the money from the fee to pay for server upgrades and policing the realms for hacks/cheats.

In regards to getting held out (so to speak) for switching characters. Yes, a pain. I have one of each character class ... and sometimes I find a game where one class would be a better fit to the party than another, so I like to switch.
    Being locked out is a nuisance. And forces me to miss out on a potentially fun party game.

16. Jgohan86

Jgohan86 IncGamers Member

i would never ever pay for this "crappy" game, they would lose a lot of customers in my opinion if they ever put a tarif on the game... Me? well i would just switch to everquest... at least the quality of the player service is decent....

17. D'Shay

D'Shay IncGamers Member

But everCRACK is still CRACK

and you can log out of diablo and disconnect, reconnect (to get new IP) and you can log in right away

18. gods_pawn

gods_pawn Banned

grr...i HATE the "unable to connect to b.net" bullcrap. but i have found a quick way to get past that "realm down" chickencrap when you get kicked.

simply restart your computer.

they tag your IP, and each time you restart your comp and reconnect to the net (with modems, anyways) your IP address changes. almost instant fix.

19. Usufruct

Usufruct IncGamers Member

Yes, most dial-up internet providers do not provide you with a static IP address. You shouldn't have to restart the computer, just reconnect to the internet.

20. festers50

festers50 IncGamers Member

Hang up and redial, works everytime for me :clap: it's the only advantage of dial up :drink: