I wish there is a Save Current Game option..

okey

Diabloii.Net Member
I mean a literal one where it saves the game exactly where it is and the mob placement etc.. would be great rather than leaving my laptop on sleep. Perhaps if there was a mod that added such an option underneath the current Save and Exit to Save Current Game it would certainly make doing single-pass much more enjoyable-- well for me at any rate.

jiansonz

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes, the Diablo 1 way is what I prefer also.

I don't it's feasible to mod this, because there would be a need for so many extra parameters in the savegames that aren't there now, plus I don't see how it would be possible to tell the game what to do with those parameters when you load a savegame. Too much is hardcoded in those parts, I think.

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member
Can't this be done with some virtual systems? Like, create a virtual system, then run the game in it, and snap it when you want to end the session?

okey

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes, the Diablo 1 way is what I prefer also.

I don't it's feasible to mod this, because there would be a need for so many extra parameters in the savegames that aren't there now, plus I don't see how it would be possible to tell the game what to do with those parameters when you load a savegame. Too much is hardcoded in those parts, I think.
it's a shame that that may be the case :(

Can't this be done with some virtual systems? Like, create a virtual system, then run the game in it, and snap it when you want to end the session?
I'll probably look into it problem is, I don't quite have the technical know-hows.. but that is perhaps the best bet.

fearedbliss

Diabloii.Net Member
@helvete yup, you could definitely do this with a virtual machine and saving the machine state. You wouldn't need a snapshot though since that's used more for restoring the state of the system completely. VirtualBox is a free virtualization solution and it allows you to save the machine state (rather than powering off the VM). You could also do snapshotting as well. That's actually my solution for the future when I eventually will need to be forced to move to a newer version of Windows but still want to play Diablo II ;). I'll just install a copy of Windows XP I have on my table and call it a day.