Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I will never have a prom

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Mecal, May 20, 2005.

1. Mecal

Mecal IncGamers Member

I will never have a prom

I saw that prom thread, and that reminded me.
    I will never have a prom! :(

I didnt go to one this year, due to short notice, (Friend called me the day before - doh!)

next year, (senior year) our class (and the juniors) will be in Israel, so i cant go to anyone elses prom, because it will probably be over.
    hopefully we'll get back in time, but i doubt it.

and our class wont have one because the ratio of girls to guys is insane!
    there will be 3 girls, and like 7 guys. yeah, no prom there, unless the Juniors and Seniors combine, but the guys will still out number the girls

Lousy private school, *shakes fist*

So yeah, i might have to wait until im a freshman in college to go to one! :eek:

2. Necrolestes

Necrolestes IncGamers Member

Prom-otion

I never bothered to go to my prom, mostly because of the cost ($25 for a guy who didn't have time for a job is a lot of money). So, you're in good company Mecal.

3. Raistlin Majere

Raistlin Majere IncGamers Member

I never went to prom in, hell or any dance in HS.

Don't worry about it, life will through more interesting curve balls....

EDIT: only $25?! They were asking for $120 a head in mine....

4. Mecal

Mecal IncGamers Member

I know its not that big of a deal, but i did kinda want to go. just to see what its like and... something.

and my friend said he could get a like a thing for 4 ppl, for 50$. lol.

5. Christor

Christor IncGamers Member

That kinda stinks. I was never the most social person, but I did end up going to my senior prom.

Even better, the prom itself was free since my class raised so much money and had nothing left to spend it on. :D

*ducks*

6. SelfBaisResistor

SelfBaisResistor IncGamers Member

You're not missing anything trust me. I never went to a prom or even a homecomming, and I turned out to be ok. Maybe that's why I'm 26, single, and talking in the OTF about Revenge of the Sith?

7. Stevinator

Stevinator IncGamers Member

your class didn't sell enough brownies!

lol, really it's not a big deal. the dressing up part was actually kinda lame. and i think my date to senior prom would've have more fun if i hadn't poked 317 holes in her right lung trying to attach the flowers to her dress.

"that's okay baby, blood goes great with purple. see and the flower have little red things in them too. next year all the girls will be wearing bloody clothing. "

The real fun part about prom was the excuse to take your g/f all your crazy buddies and a keg of beer into the wilderness for the weekend after prom.

the dance was for the girls. just greased the way for more wild wilderness fun.

8. CyberHawk

CyberHawk IncGamers Member

Only reason I even went to prom was the 2 party tango afterwards...and it was a good night..;)

9. DiabloJones

DiabloJones IncGamers Member

Lots of folks play the whole Prom-Thing up as something you'll never forget or something that marks some big transition from one aspect of life to the next...

yada, yada.

I went my senior year with my GF of 3 years at the time and here's what happened...

1. Her parents dumped on her last minute and said they wouldn't pay for anything for her so my folks bought her a gown, shoes and a full day at the hair salon with cut/color/perm... the whole nine yards. They bought all the flowers and gave me the bread for limo rental, dinner, etc.

2. That night cost my folks $1400.00. Her gown, beauty treatment, limo+tip, dinner+tip, photos, my tux rental, flowers, etc.

3. Outside of a nice but very expensive dinner at the country club we belonged to at the time (where I took her for dinner), the limo ride and the formal dance... it was like any other night I took her out...

We didn't eat at Taco Bell or Long John Silvers like usual and instead of our street clothes on the floor of my rusty crap-box of a car (at 1978 Ford Fairmont) we ended the evening with our very expensive clothes heaped up on the floor of a limo.

Outside of that... not a big difference from any other night we spent together back then.

10. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

Looks like you remember the details of yours pretty well ;)

And steve, yeah, the girlfriend, buddies and keg in the woods is going to be a very fine way to end my night tonight, I can tell you that much :D

-Matt

11. myleftfoot

myleftfoot IncGamers Member

I played in the band that performed at my prom (debutant's ball over here). So I kinda never had a prom.

12. masterazn

masterazn Banned

Prom is tomorrow for me. And I'm playing at a charity rock concert right before...i'm going to be like half deaf.

My date is ****ing hot.

13. Isolde212

Isolde212 Banned

I went to two proms. They both sucked. I looked hot but it wasn't worth the money I paid just to leave early and get drunk in a hotel and end up barfing on a cab driver. I can do that on any night of the week, who needs a formal dress and an updo for that?

14. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

I went to one prom and it was alright. I had fun seeing my friends dressed up and all, but it wasn't any great life event. Nothing in high school really was, other than the time I spent just hanging out with my friends. You've got an entire lifetime ahead of you to be formal, that's nothing special, but the time you get with friends to lay around and do nothing, that's what should be cherished.

15. DiabloJones

DiabloJones IncGamers Member

Yeah, but only because of the expense, the hassle and how difficult it was getting her prom gown off in the back of a moving limo while the middle-aged driver kept trying to put the "Privacy Window" down a little so he could watch.

These things tend to stay in ones memory... the dancing, etc... don't recall much of that at all. :thumbsup:

16. [exile]

[exile] IncGamers Member

Was that my thread? From several weeks ago?

17. nrabbit

nrabbit IncGamers Member

tomorrow is prom in my school but i am 10th grade so i am not allowed to go. anyways i wouldn't go because they want 65 euro for a ticket...please

18. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

MageeMoo and I went to Homecoming this year . . . didn't really like it. It just isn't our thing really. Sure the dinner was nice and she looked amazing, but when it came down to it we hated the music didn't really like the general crowd and ended up making obscure jokes while watching everyone else "dance"(It was more of a general undulating of the crowd)

We are undecided on Senior Prom, but for the other dances we are going to stay home and eat chinese food while watching movies.

19. Dirty_Zulu

Dirty_Zulu IncGamers Member

Mine was ok. Nothing memorable.

Afterward I took my date home and she thought I reserved a hotel room. I said why? And she said "isn't that what we're suppose to do?"

And she was hot. :(

20. DanteAlastor

DanteAlastor Banned

i ruined the class 02 prom because im a terrorist and because rejection needs an outlet therefore i win

cut the power

threw homemade firecracker+smoke screen colored yellow with zero casualty

the prom was cut short

suxxes...my first act of terrorism