Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I was thining PE...

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by kiljoy001, Mar 25, 2004.

1. kiljoy001

kiljoy001 IncGamers Member

I was thining PE...

I was thinking of making a PE necro (poison explosion) necro... any thoughts ?

2. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

Hmmm...I always regarded poison explosion as the most useless of the 3 poison skills, it's radius is low, it's confined to a corpse (which would probably be better of being exploded), and it's damage / second is inferior to Pnova. If you want to do it go ahead :p, but I always thought the only use for pexplosion was as a synergy, and to pvm as it's duration is so long

3. kiljoy001

welll the idea was to use it as a "helping aid" for my skellies... I am going to max everything (poison) it does quite a bit of dmg, and think would work seeing it is a bit cheaper in mana cost than CE, all the while using a making good use of lower resist to speed things along... heck I could use mages too for that matter hmm... (not saying CE is crap, I will put a solid 10 pts in too).

4. Necrochild313

oh...note on my post above I just noticed I typed pvm rather than pmh lmao.

It is true that poison explosion deals a great deal of damage, but it's the fact that the damage is so spread out over such a long length of time that makes it unhandy.

5. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

as nc pointed out, the HUGE damage # is over a huge amount of seconds. So the actual dmg per sec is lower then your dmg per sec w/ pn.

last night, i solo'd hell a1 at clvl 60 with my summon/venom hybrid (see guide i wrote) and i used PE once....

lol...the radius is HORRIBLE. my ce (base slvl1, after itamz = 16) was working way better as a backup to my backup (skells / pn / ce)

g

6. Dazuni

Dazuni IncGamers Member

Necromancer seems to be quite good at manipulation of crowds. say tactical placed bone wall and terror plus PE would be fun to play surely no cookie cutter.

7. OldSkoolGamer

OldSkoolGamer IncGamers Member

When I played my pure poison Nec, I would PE one corpse in the middle of a group to poison them all, then CE the rest. It seemed to work well.

8. Necrochild313

That isn't a bad strategy

:thumbsup:

but wouldn't you have killed them all with your CEs before PE could set in?

OH 1 thing I'd like to point out about PE that I remember reading here long...long...ago

I read here that PE has a hidden lvl 1 CE inside of it when you cast it, I'm not 100% sure if it's true, but it would make sense. If it is true, is it still effective in 1.10?

9. kiljoy001

if it does, man... pe should rock...

10. garilario

garilario IncGamers Member

Assuming lv20/20/20 for three posion skills
    PE Does 10377.5(average,same for following numbers) damage over 9.6 seconds
    =1081 /s
    without any points in PN
    5930 over 9.6s
    =617.7 /s

PN Does 2237.5 damage over 2 seconds
    =1118.75 /s

PE does less damage compared with PN, but it lasts longer that we don't have to 'refresh' the poison every two seconds. IMHO it's ok to use as an alternate skill with PN(Like PE ->CE ->CE ->etc in close-packed, PN in widely spreaded mobs). If you say you want to use ONLY PE, I'd say no.

11. OldSkoolGamer

OldSkoolGamer IncGamers Member

Well at that time I was using a Blackbog's, so my cast rate wasn't that great. PE kills by itself, but it's also nice just to stop monster regen in hell. In places like the tombs in act two where there are walls to stop PN, you can PE around the corner to sap away monsters health down the halls, and PN the ones in front of you.