I Was Robbed!!!

lpblasch

Diabloii.Net Member
I Was Robbed!!!

So, my lvl 74 HC Tesladin fought all morning in Act 2 Hell, on p1, to get to Duriel (is it just me, or do all the monsters in your games spawn with precisely the immunity your character specializes in, and now it appears that all the monsters in Act 3 will be LI) and, after taking him down, I get...

a Scroll of Town Portal.

That's it- no magic, no rares, no other items of any kind.

Is THAT what others have referred to as a "no drop"? I'm not wearing one point of MF gear, but still....And how rare is my experience? I'd hate to find out it happens all the time and I'm just a big whiner!

YoungDbl

Diabloii.Net Member
Most of the time duriel is kind enough to give me a magic item or two. As for "good" drops. Haha is there such a thing?

Atil

Diabloii.Net Member
That sucks :laugh:

I think no-drops are fairly rare, even on P1, which has the greatest chance of it occuring.

Others will, hopefully, post the odds.

Skinhead On The MBTA

Diabloii.Net Member
Duriel normally gives me a rare or two when i kill him. I got a unique from normal Duriel once (a Gull, in use on my NM Meph-running sorc). Only once had him drop crap, that was a pile of gold and an ID scroll.

lpblasch

Diabloii.Net Member
Duriel normally gives me a rare or two when i kill him. I got a unique from normal Duriel once (a Gull, in use on my NM Meph-running sorc). Only once had him drop crap, that was a pile of gold and an ID scroll.
Love your Avatar- not many of us are old enough to know the Kingston Trio version of that song. I think I bought the album in 1961 or thereabouts.

Bockhorn

Diabloii.Net Member
Ouch that sucks. :sad2:

Can't remember that happening too me. It should be rare. Actually last time I killed Hell Duriel he gave me a Bonehew. :tongue:

pancakeman

Diabloii.Net Member
As for "good" drops. Haha is there such a thing?
I've had a few good ones, but I rush so many people it is bound to happen. However, that was before Windows reset and my screenies disappeared, so now I don't have any proof. Take with a grain of salt, I guess.

Llathias

Banned
Let's see... Hell Duriel quest drop makes 7 picks, in addition to the TP scroll, each pick having a 19/41 chance of no-drop, 19/41 chance of equipment and 3/41 chance of "good" (ie. runes/charms/jewels/rings/amulets). As you see, the chance for no-drop is quite high for each pick. Other than that, his lair is full of bad tiles (spots which you can't walk on), and if he dies on or close to one of those, items that drop on the bad tile are lost, just like what happens with Scepters in the Arcane Sanctuary killed on the black space--they don't drop anything as well!

So, unless it's the work of bad tiles, you've been rather unlucky and gotten a one-in-218-kills drop (0.45%, if my calculations are correct). Speaking of practical experience, he either doesn't drop at all or drops crap (at most 1 ultra-useless unique and the rest rares and failed sets--he specifically rolls sets if there's no set version of the base item) when I kill him! :rant:

Tigereye

Diabloii.Net Member
Let's see... Hell Duriel quest drop makes 7 picks, in addition to the TP scroll, each pick having a 19/41 chance of no-drop, 19/41 chance of equipment and 3/41 chance of "good" (ie. runes/charms/jewels/rings/amulets).
I got the same result (well almost I got 0.46%), but can you see in the txt-file that he drops a TP scroll or is it from experience you know this?

SiTro

Diabloii.Net Member
They replace the flying scimitar trap in the AS. Didn't you know? :grin:

For my part I killed baby-D in Hell this morning. A stack of blues and the obligatory tp scroll. But what I took from the battle was that it was all done without needing to tp out to refresh potions.

lpblasch

Diabloii.Net Member
Let's see... Hell Duriel quest drop makes 7 picks, in addition to the TP scroll, each pick having a 19/41 chance of no-drop, 19/41 chance of equipment and 3/41 chance of "good" (ie. runes/charms/jewels/rings/amulets). As you see, the chance for no-drop is quite high for each pick. Other than that, his lair is full of bad tiles (spots which you can't walk on), and if he dies on or close to one of those, items that drop on the bad tile are lost, just like what happens with Scepters in the Arcane Sanctuary killed on the black space--they don't drop anything as well!

So, unless it's the work of bad tiles, you've been rather unlucky and gotten a one-in-218-kills drop (0.45%, if my calculations are correct). Speaking of practical experience, he either doesn't drop at all or drops crap (at most 1 ultra-useless unique and the rest rares and failed sets--he specifically rolls sets if there's no set version of the base item) when I kill him! :rant:
It's amazing that you know this. Can you actually see the bad tiles in the floor, and therefore try to avoid them, or do you just know they are there and the player can't do much about it?

Llathias

Banned
Theres your problem- You're killing Scepters instead of the Specters!

:smiley:
No, I was talking about how you never see Scepters falling on the empty space. Not that you see Broad Swords or Cuirasses, but I felt like giving the Scepter example. Nothing wrong there! I admit my wording was a bit confusing though... :rolleyes:

I got the same result (well almost I got 0.46%), but can you see in the txt-file that he drops a TP scroll or is it from experience you know this?
At the bottom of the TreasureClassEx file, above the Countess and ROP, you'll see that Duriel first picks a TP scroll, then his normal drop TC (Duriel-Base). That is also why--despite the 7 picks--he can have only 5 regular item drops, as I see it.

Edit for lpblasch: I'm not a fan of running Duriel, and when I face him for the quest, I just concentrate on the fight; so I can't answer you for sure. It'd be wise to avoid the edges of the chamber (lined with rocks) for example. Also, as I said, if you can't walk on it, you won't get drops on that spot. A few other examples are the pillars and blood pools in Andy's room, the lava pool in Durance 3, the empty spaces of the Pentagram in Diablo's Lair, and pillars and the edge of the floor of the Worldstone Chamber. I don't really know if drops can be lost when you kill a monster right next to a wall.