I want to try another char... but which? Please post some fun chars here :P

Mammel248

Banned
I want to try another char... but which? Please post some fun chars here :p

Yo,

well, lately I have been bored on B.Net cowing with my necro, pitting with him, ..... I want to try a new char type. I am making an Avenger now, fun dude :thumbsup: .

But still, I want more good, cool and/or weird builds. And eh... what is (I know there is none) best PvP char? Or well, one that comes close to best.

Chars I have had:

-Summoner necro: favourite char
-WW Barb: Very much fun
-Wolfbarb: I found the lvling so damn hard
-Hammerdin: very VERY boring
-Fire sorc: nice one
-Orb//Fire Wall sorc: nice too
-Blizz sorc: boring
-Javazon: cool, owns cows
-Bowazon: boring
-Frost zealot: love him in killing bosses, boring for normal monsters
-Light sorc: boring
-Berserker: boring
-Crusader: fun if he had been good
-Fire druid: boring
-Smiter: never finished it :eek:

As you can see I have never made an Assassin. Don't know why... Trapsins seem quite cool to me. And PLEASE don't post any of the above chars, and say that they are cool, because I have had one already!

OK, go on post your favourite, exotic, weird, fun or whatever build.

Dacar92

Moderator: Community, D2 Zon, DH, Inc Clan Officer
If you think a Bowazon is boring, how about a variation on one: The Glass Cannon. No vit, Str to handle gear and all dex for high damage. It is a different way to make, what many people find boring, a challenging build.

Superhal

Diabloii.Net Member
i like to do base vit, dex and/or nrg:

base nrg/vit ES sorc: was very cool (max block with spirit shield) but you eventually run out of places to put stat points.

base dex/vit/nrg ww ik barb: one of my favorite builds of all time, just the ik maul has very low base damage, maxes out at like 7k. iirc, if i wielded a cruel thundermaul or something i could get like 16k ww.

base vit, single tree sorcs: you don't really realize how easy this game is until you play one.

i also like my chars to have jobs:

nithalak runner: i finally wrote this up in a guide, need to post it somewhere else because of the screenshots. not very useful now though because his charms aren't the highest in the game.

countess runner: chain lightning + any other skill from a different tree. i think orb/cl is the best.

meph runner: blizz sorc, natch.

dclone killer: freezing arrow zon w/nature's peace ring.

superunique/cow/pit runner: lf zon.

baalrunner: work in progress.

chipper: multishot zon is very inefficient for this, need to rethink it.

for fun builds:
charger: 16k damage with a non-eth bonehew. can't hit for beans and buggy as hell, but charge itself is a cool skill.

leap attack barb: back when leap attack was the highest damage skill in the game. mainly for show, not for dough.

jabbazon: just so i can say: cut out that jibba jabba!

Mammel248

Banned
Superhal said:
i also like my chars to have jobs:

nithalak runner: i finally wrote this up in a guide, need to post it somewhere else because of the screenshots. not very useful now though because his charms aren't the highest in the game.

countess runner: chain lightning + any other skill from a different tree. i think orb/cl is the best.

meph runner: blizz sorc, natch.

dclone killer: freezing arrow zon w/nature's peace ring.

superunique/cow/pit runner: lf zon.

baalrunner: work in progress.

for fun builds:
charger: 16k damage with a non-eth bonehew. can't hit for beans and buggy as hell, but charge itself is a cool skill.

leap attack barb: back when leap attack was the highest damage skill in the game. mainly for show, not for dough.

jabbazon: just so i can say: cut out that jibba jabba!
Just like me: I make chars for a specific purpose, not just fun :thumbsup:

norvi11erogers

Diabloii.Net Member
Superhal said:
i remember in 1.09 that a holy fire pally is very good at destroying act 1 norm. It'd probably be even more effective with all the synergies and whatnot.

my favorite char is probably a frenzybarb. it's not as novel as some others, seeing as it's, you know, effective, but it's just ridiculously fun to run around with it. I'm making one untwinked right now.

Dawnmaster

Diabloii.Net Member
How about:
-Summoner Druid (some people find them very funny)
-Wind Druid (these are very powerfull and a load of fun)
-Minion Assassin

The MinionSin requires the runeword Beast, the runeword Bramble, a desert merc with Holy Freeze, Carrion Wind ring, Wisp Projector ring and the amulet Metalgrid.

You'll have an Iron Golem, a Shadow Master, a Grizzly Bear, a Poison Creeper, an Oak Sage and a Mercenary.

All active auras are: Fanatiscism, Thorns, Holy Freeze and More life (you can choose to summon Heart of the Wolverine for more damage though)

The best skills (apart from your Shadow Master) to go with these minions are skills that help them, Blade Fury, Venom, Death Sentry, Mind Blast.
Anymore should go to either Fade or Burst of Speed.

She won't be all powerfull, but fun guaranteed :thumbsup:

carrothers

Diabloii.Net Member
I think a fun build for me was my double dream lightning sorceress. You could also try a double dream paladin. Either way you do it, just be ready to run around and have things die without you even attacking them. It's a great character to give rushes with!

Another fun one is a wind elemental druid. They're easy to make, fun to play with, and a challenge to get good at playing in higher levels. They make amazing duelers if you can practice with them. I still have mine, and he's a blast to go and duel with! Very good PvM, too!

Joch

Diabloii.Net Member
I see u didn't make a frenzy barb yet, they are fun, run fast fast fast fast ^^ :clap:

phool

Diabloii.Net Member
You don't see many polar bears around, they are fun (max cyclone armour to hurricane then shift, max maul and use with the stunning attack. Ribracker). Also frenzy barb

Logan

Diabloii.Net Member
The build i'v had most fun with is probaly Thrower barb, my thrower got 15k damage, very good, extremely fun...

bigmeanie

Diabloii.Net Member
I think shifters of various kinds are the most fun.

make an enchatress sorcbear

Assn venombear

hard to make godly, but tons of fun...

aside from that, try a rangerdin (imho, the only fun pali build)

and summoners, but you already tried them

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Frenzy barb:
Insanely fast after he warms up from a few hits. It simply ROCKS ! Great for gold-finding BTW.

Fana-zealot:
I'm surprised that this standard character is not on the list of characters you already tried. He owns anything except OKs and large groups of dolls and PIs. If he can make it to Baal's room, he has no problems with standing right in the middle of each minion group, killing them allBaal gets killed in less than a minute with 1 point in smite.

Bowazon:
What's boring about her ? IMO javazons are far more boring. Just LF and perhaps plague javalin and that's it. With Faith+Fortitude and maxed res, a bowazon san solo all of hell mode without dying, including cows, Ancients, any act boss etc. - I just did that yesterday. Fighting all the monsters in the game is not boring at all.

Mammel248

Banned
Well, maybe I just think bowazons suck because all the ones I have played sucked :confused:

Well, never make one especially for WitchWild String, sucky bow.