Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I want to start a HC pally or druid.

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by cholerajoe, Apr 2, 2004.

1. cholerajoe

cholerajoe IncGamers Member

I want to start a HC pally or druid.

Since all of my HC chars are dead and I don't have either of these two classes yet, I thought I'd solve both at the same time. My problem is I have yet to beat Normal in HC. I would be using my ATMA stash to twink my chars. I have only 3 elite uniques and no high end sets so I won't be able to make a gear dependent char. I do have a Jalals mane though.

Any tips on a good build for HC would be helpfull. I'm leaning towards a windy druid or a hammerdin.

watcha'll think?

2. JohnnyBravo

JohnnyBravo IncGamers Member

I have a preferance to ranged weapons. I would go with a ranger or a hunter. I had a HF Ranger in 1.09 and I got him to NM. I also had a hunter in 1.09 and was able to get him to NM. Both were SC, but did not die (maybe once or twice). Neither were difficult to play and were getting pretty strong untill I lost them to a HD crash.

3. i_marsolek

i_marsolek IncGamers Member

I guess it depends a little on if you are planning on HC longterm or if you just want to try a character to see how far he/she will get. If you plan on going long term in HC take the Hammerdin, eventually you will want this guy to MF for your other characters so that you will be able to try different more item dependent builds. A wind Druid can be fun, and also check out Alter ego's fire summoner, if you want to use a Druid.

4. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

*druid or pally - i´d go druid cause i love playing them and with max oak sage they have lots of life (HC!!)

*build - windys are cool, hunters are cooler but maybe not as powerfull (still safe)
    i´d go with either one of those.

5. DX-Crawler

DX-Crawler Banned

Thinking of what items you have I would make a Hammerdin. It's rather easy to reach a damage above 6000 without any good weapons.
    Max Blessed Aim, Vigor, Blessed Hammer and Concentrarion. Get some points in holy shield and one on redemption. After that you can pump Holy Shield all the way.
    You will do good damage and don't have to worry about IM either.

Suggestions to get +skills.
    2s helm ort+sol not hard to get I can give you the runes if you want to.
    Tarnhelm another nice helmet
    Magic Amulet with three to combat skills or offensive auras. Can be gambled
    Rusthandle Unique grand Scepter or Culwens Point Unique War Sword.

Well you won't need more than that.
    Get a Holy Freeze merc when you get to act 2 Nightmare. (Defensive)

Good Luck

DX