Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I want to kill Baal, please help.

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by (Ø=M)^42, Mar 15, 2004.

1. (Ø=M)^42

(Ø=M)^42 IncGamers Member

I want to kill Baal, please help.

If I use my Summoner with some skills chosen already, and end up with
    1 in each curse
    1 Teeth
    20 Corpse Exposion
    1 in each Summoning Skill
    20 Skeleton Mastery, Raise Skeleton and lastly Raise Skeletal Mage

and load up on MF-equipment, do you think he would be able to do Baalruns? If not, please tell me or link me to a build that can do it safe enough, and with some MF.

Is Diablo a nice alternative to Baal? (lvl85 areas+nice bosses (seals vs. Baal's Summons) and both Diablo and Baal can drop everything, no?)

Thanks for your help.

2. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

heck you can do baal runs naked with that buil :D

just walk slowly and carefull, dont rush too much an play on a low players setting thus your CE will do more damage...

summon an army, get a might merc, cast amplify damage, wait for a corpse, then ce like crazy

tada :D

ow and dont forget a couple of points in to summon resits :D

good luck
    robin

3. Pb_pal

Pb_pal IncGamers Member

Baal runs should be pretty easy, just dont get too crazy and rush into mobs because you might get slaughtered. As for Diablo, I wouldn't run him, not wiht a summoner, too many oblivion knights or whatever they're called to cast Iron Maiden...quite annoying. So enjoy killing Baal over and over......and over.

-Pb

4. nemar

nemar IncGamers Member

diablo vs baal
    just try the two, but I think diablo will take more time. with baal, you can found a good map with only minion to kill (or about)

with diablo you have always the same map to complete.

5. (Ø=M)^42

(Ø=M)^42 IncGamers Member

One more question:
    Which mercenary should I use? I'm thinking Might for speed or Prayer for less recasting skeletons, and survivability against bosses where there are no corpses, and to let Corpse Explosion have mor ecorpses to work on. How often do you usually recast skeletons when you use Might and are about level 80? Is the speed worth it?

6. farting bob

farting bob Banned

CE everything going up to baal, then when you get to the big daddy himself, make sure he's decrep all the time. this is much better than amp dmg, as he wont clone, and uses very few attacks when under decrep. it may take a bit longer, but its much safer and since no teleporting and clone, it actually woudl be faster than amp dmg. but he's never a good baal runner purely for MF, as it does take a whiel to get to him and kill him, wheras sorcs and hammerdins do it much quicker, but are less safe and can carry less MF.

7. i_marsolek

i_marsolek IncGamers Member

For Baal, to make the time go faster, I recommend slapping on crushing blow items. Than switching back to Mf gear when you have him slivered.

8. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Might is the way to go. Later your skellies won't even scratch monsters without it and your merc will get very nice boost to his damage. On hell difficulty your army serves you as a meat (bone) shield which provides some corpses. CE will be the thing which mainly does the killing. And recasting skellies depends quite much on your gear: if you don't have any +skills prepare to do it quite often but if you have huge skill bonuses on your gear they will survive very well

And as i_marsolek said, CB is really good against act bosses. For skellymancers merc upgraded ethereal Hone Sundan is maybe the best possible weapon. I have it on my merc and I can kill p3 hell Baal in less than 2 minutes, thanks to often triggered CB

I write my necros skillpoint allocation here, I hope it will help you

1 point in Amp and all left and right branch curses (maybe I should have put 1 point to all but it is too late now, he is lvl 93)

1 Teeth, 20 CE

20 in both SM and RS, 7 in Revive, 9 in Clay Golem/12 in Golem Mastery, 5 points in Summon Resist

If you are going to run Baal, I really would suggest Clay Golem. Mine is high enough to gain 60% slow target. That is very good thing, because then you can use Amp instead of Decrepify and Baal won't use his attacks. If nothing else, it will be great tank in difficult situations (mine has over 8k life)

If you want some more detailed information and other great advice go check Nightfish's Skelliemancer guide, you build seem to be very similar