Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I want to get into playing (please help) :)

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by palmerE, Sep 7, 2010.

1. palmerE

palmerE IncGamers Member

I want to get into playing (please help) :)

Hey, havent played this game since probably 1.11, if memory serves me correct. Have some time on my hands, and remembered how fun this game can be for a month or two at a time. And would like to see how the newest patch is. Problem is, I no longer have any of the cd's or cd keys for that matter.

Soo... Was looking for a bit of help... Is there a way to get the game downloaded to my computer without the cds? or without buying the digital download from blizzard for $40!? Like if i was able to acquire some cd keys some-how, would i be able to use them without having the cd's loaded on my computer?

Tried to find some copies of the cds on the cheap on e-bay, but havent found anything outside of new in the box for over $25. I just dont know how long I will be able to play this game, and was really only looking for something fun to pass some time here the next month...

Any help you can provide would be much appreciated... Or if you have a cd-set you wouldnt mind unloading for say $10 or something that would be cool with me too...

Thanks

2. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

Re: I want to get into playing (please help) :)

The only way to get the game legally is to buy it from Blizzard or one of the proper retailers that you find in shopping centers. Any other method of acquisition is not supported here. If you do purchase a copy from a retail store, you can register those cd-keys with Blizzard and then always have access to their digital download for free.

Please do not ask for people here for cd-keys as well. These types of requests are frowned upon on this forum.

3. Ivo

Ivo IncGamers Member

Does Blizzard really ask $40 for it :eek: ?

Where I live Diablo II costs 9,99 euros and LOD also 9,99 euros, which is approximately 25 U.S. dollars. And this is in a regular retail store

4. palmerE

palmerE IncGamers Member

I apologize, I wasn't looking for any free cd-keys or anything alike. Was seeing if maybe anyone had an extra copy of the game, and had no problem unloading for a smaller price then what it would cost me brand new. A far shot, but thought id give it a try.

So if I did have a cd-key I can download the game itself from blizzard for free? Thus eliminating the need to go and buy the cds? Or did I not understand you correctly.

From what I saw on blizzards site... It is 19.99 for d2 and 19.99 for d2:lod, both beind digital downloads. But your saying if i no longer have the cds i can get the content of them from blizzard? as long as I have the cd keys?

Appreciate the help

5. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

That's correct, yes. If you have a legit set of cd-keys, and you register them with Blizzard at www.battle.net, you can download the game whenever you want. The same applies for most of their games these days. You essentially create an account and register your games with that account, after which you'll always have access to them as long as you remember your account details.