Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I want to Bow it all the way so.......

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by sexyfool, Mar 8, 2004.

1. sexyfool

sexyfool IncGamers Member

I want to Bow it all the way so.......

Can it be done with hellrack? I really want to give this bow a chance although I also have an unid ballista which if i sold my soul I could get the runes to upgrade.

What sort of ias would I need to be viable with fa/strafe using this hellrack?

Does the crushing blow effect occur on each target struck by strafe arrows or only the first? I have a pair of gore riders and these seem to be the ultimate damage improving item for a bowazon. Any comments?

Any hcl bowazons help me out with res requirements? I generally aim for min of 50% res all in hell but as I have no uber runes I am going to rely on mid end items. My best res set is disciples but I miss out on most damage modifiers like crushing/deadly etc...

All input will be appreciated. If possible please supply mid item solutions as my top rune atm is um, my best bow is the 'rack and my best armour is duriels or naj's.

Thanks again
    :yep:

2. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

I still think Buriza is a lot better than Hellrack. Buri has 80% (!!!!!) ias, so even without upgrading it it's superior. Sure Hellrack has nice elemental dmg, and AR, but buri has cold dmg+freeze effect. Not to mention 35 dexterity ^_^

3. sexyfool

sexyfool IncGamers Member

Yes its true buriza has some inbuilt benefits over hellrack. But that "some elemental damage" you glossed over has the potential to be a huge benefit when you encounter the occasional pi/ci. More input please.

4. Decker

Decker IncGamers Member

I've been playing a lot of bowazon lately. While this doesn't make me an expert, I've tried multiple weapons and found that Windforce seems to be the best for strafe and Multishot. However, this isn't about my WF, it's about your bows.

Here's what I'd do: Make sure your buriza is at least 175% ED. Upgrade it. If you're in the middle of leveling strafe; stop. Strafe is horrible for a crossbow, this is the only situation I can really recommend Multishot over Strafe...That is, unless you have some bow waiting for you. I think you might want to group your resources and see if you can purchase an eaglehorn. I find them to be much more effective for a pure bowazon than Buriza, but I don't know what your equipment is like.

5. Krazy_Solo

Krazy_Solo IncGamers Member

I normally keep myself out statistical things, but if i am correct buriza cannot be upgraded...

6. Decker

Decker IncGamers Member

Oh, are you not on ladder? If not, then you're correct.