I wanna be a Pal, but don't want to use PayPal

SelfBaisResistor

Diabloii.Net Member
I wanna be a Pal, but don't want to use PayPal

Is there anyway I can do this? I tried signing up for PayPal but it seems to clumsy to donate. I would glady do it by check if I could send it directly to a reliable person or directly to an admin.

Let me know I wanna help, even in a small way.

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
You can send a check to someone, then give them a temp password to your account, and have them deposit money for you.

SelfBaisResistor

Diabloii.Net Member
AeroJonesy said:
You can send a check to someone, then give them a temp password to your account, and have them deposit money for you.
Sounds shady. Is there an admin that I can send it too? Maybe even a mod. It just seems more trustworthy that way, not that I don't trust all y'all. It just seems more legit.

mhl12

Diabloii.Net Member
yes there was a thread about this a long time ago from a mod but i forgot which it was. Perhaps if you pm elly he can help you.

Johnny

Banned
They wont even accept donations over paypal regularly. Only by the automated system.

If you want a pal status you will have to let someone access your account and donate for you.

kernelpops

Diabloii.Net Member
I would do it for you, and am close I am in the Minneapolis area. DrunkCajun has done it for many people but his paypal acount is fubar right now.

Sarge has also done it for people, but i think he is out of the country.

Elly

Administrator
We were going to set up a post office box but I didn't get round to it. I know a number of members have kindly acted as a go between for people with no PP access but I can't remember who and I'd not name names anyway because I don't wish to impose.

The people who have offered in this thread so far I wouldn't have a problem trusting.

Echod16

Diabloii.Net Member
you could mail them a 20 and a 5 and get yourself a silver palsmanship fr a year ;p

i should probably do that..

Fallen_62

Diabloii.Net Member
SelfBaisResistor said:
Sounds shady. Is there an admin that I can send it too? Maybe even a mod. It just seems more trustworthy that way, not that I don't trust all y'all. It just seems more legit.
You can send one to me... Check out the threads here and here (they are on the GW boards). I have had several people send my checks and nothing has gone wrong ;) Plus, you know where I live, so it's not like you would be running a big risk ;) Hit me up on AIM if you want.

SelfBaisResistor

Diabloii.Net Member
Fallen_62 said:
You can send one to me... Check out the threads here and here (they are on the GW boards). I have had several people send my checks and nothing has gone wrong ;) Plus, you know where I live, so it's not like you would be running a big risk ;) Hit me up on AIM if you want.
I just cut a check to Jonesy, but thanks anyway.

kernelpops

Diabloii.Net Member
SelfBaisResistor said:
I just cut a check to Jonesy, but thanks anyway.
Glad to Hear that, even though my paldom ended here, I am Gold on WOW and have sponsered a few people here to pal status. Thank you for supporting the effort.