Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I tried to play today...

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Toliphar, Mar 28, 2004.

1. Toliphar

Toliphar IncGamers Member

I tried to play today...

I sat in my room, bored beyond belief and was just waiting for a friend to show up. What to do, what to do? *hm* Then I remembered I haven't played D2 for weeks and figured I'd head out with a character and have some fun on my own. As D2 was loading I felt even more bored when thinking about logging on. ...I didn't even log on to b.net before I put the cd back in its case with a sense of being releaved of a heavy burden.

Does this mean I'm finally free of my addiction? :flip:

-Toli

2. tintrail

tintrail IncGamers Member

your free man, free. while you are at it, i would reccomend either giving away your cd, or throwing it away, so that you never become addicted again. :thumbsup:

3. Spero

Spero IncGamers Member

Hi Toli,
    Congrats on moving on! And.. well - it's always possible to get the desire back. I don't like the game's effect on me when I play a ton, but playing a few hours a week doesn't bother me at all.

I recommend against throwing the CD away. This way you can always log on, remember you're sick of the game, and go on to better things. You won't have to wonder.

By the way, how's the weight loss going?

4. Toliphar

I'll keep the CD, if nothing else it serves as a reminder of a kind of time I don't want back (weight gaining amongts other things). Besides, it looks good on my game-shelf. :)

Weightloss? Well... It's going slow, but it's going. I'm down to 101 kg now (222lbs), getting reeeaaally close to those 100. Quick math tells me I've lost 64 kg up till today (141 lbs)... That's a whole person! Geez, I was fat, but where have I gone now? :cheesy: 'heh' Lovely smiley there.

5. stevethatsmyname

stevethatsmyname IncGamers Member

so why do you still post here if you aren't addicted?!

Looks like toli got over the game, but still has to work on that rpgforums.net addiction!

:drink:

6. Spero

Spero IncGamers Member

Congrats on the continued weight loss! Good job.

7. doubleOObubble

doubleOObubble IncGamers Member

Toli, slow is good when dealing with those numbers of yours. You want your skin to follow the process too, right? Good luck in the future!

8. kurg

kurg IncGamers Member

OMG nice job!

9. Toliphar

Hey now, I haven't been here for a while either. :uhhuh:

@Double: Yeah... It doesn't look that bad actually. Sure, it's a little lose, but considering the rather huge weightloss it's surprising to see how well my birthday suit still fits. :)

@kurg, Spero: Thanks :wave:

10. TheDarkSide

TheDarkSide Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

Congrats on the addiction . I too have not played D2 for 31 days now ( Feb 29th) and Im having no Ill effects . I dont miss it and sometimes wonder why I was so into this game . It was fun for way too long but Im glad its gone from my things to do list . I actually had time to do some spring cleaning maintenance on my aquarium tonight . Something that just a few months ago Id not dreamed of stealing time from my beloved D2 just to accomplish ..

:buddies:

11. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

Congrats on a major milestone Toli. You now officially weigh less than exactly one (1) ZappaFan. :teeth:

12. hc_ugajeremy

hc_ugajeremy IncGamers Member

That's pretty incredible. Makes my wanting to lose 15 pounds seem entirely childish :lol:

I can't imagine how much of a change that could have in someone's life, health wise and mentally. Good job and good luck.

13. Toliphar

*huhuhu* :worship:

I remember some time ago when I began this journey and you told me you were dropping some weight too. I remember thinking that maybe, just maybe, I'd one day weigh as little as you. Whaddayaknow! I'm there and it sure is a milestone. Is this where I should tell you to lose some weight? 'heh'

@TheDark: I know what you mean all too well. :p

@hc_ugajeremy: I could ramble on for pages about the changes in my life but it can also be described with one word; better.

15 pounds you say? Actually, that's the same weight I want to lose from where I am now. Let's grab the opurtunity and drop those pounds together, I'll race you there! 'heh' :)

14. Paladuck

Paladuck IncGamers Member

You weigh less than one Zappafan? Forget that... you've LOST 1 Paladuck (140 lbs is me :lol: )

15. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

actually it is! I had my weight down to right where you are now, but hit a plateau in my weight loss, and haven't been able to go any lower. In fact, over the past few months I gained back about 3-4 lbs.

16. Toliphar

Uh.. OK! Lose some weight! :flip:

People tell me one always hit those plateaus and often regain some every now and then. The only thing to say is; keep up the good work!

As for myself, I'm a bit nervous... Tomorrow it's time to stand on the scale again, tomorrow I will know if I'm still going down. :eek:

17. RlNDl

RlNDl IncGamers Member

Of course you are going down :thumbsup: , once the train starts rolling it can cope with a hill once in a while, just keep up the good work and congratulation!