Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I think it's pretty obvious....

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Joshisapoolie, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Joshisapoolie

Joshisapoolie IncGamers Member

I think it's pretty obvious....

...already that theres going to be some "heated" debate from now until the release (and probably after) of D3 over several issues.

The main issues being discussed seem to be focused around what fundemental features of the previous games will be retained in the 3rd installment. Things like tp's, potions, set/magic/unique/normal/rare items, party sizes etc. Many seem to adopt the "if its not broke" system, and question the need for changes to parts of the game which they feel don't need changing, for example the introduction of the "health bulbs" when potions seemed a perfectly easy method of healing your character.

It's probably safe to assume, that the hardcore/long term D2 fans will be reluctant to part with the functions of the games they love and might question the need for drastic changes (of which there is sure to be). On the other hand there may be those looking for a completely new direction after waiting so long for a sequel and would like to see more than just an "upgrade".

I think Blizzard has a tough challenge on their hands to ensure they don't alienate those who want to retain some of the best loved features of the game and I think by choosing to reveal familiar faces like the Barb class and Cain in the in game clips they have went some way to doing this.

Theres been alot of water under the bridge since the release of LoD and I just hope the staff responsible for designing the game remember to find the right balance between the old and the new.

2. psykeman420

psykeman420 IncGamers Member

Re: I think it's pretty obvious....

I agree and I think people should be more open to these changes until they play them (graphics aside as you can see if you like those or not)

As for the health bulb thing specfically I can understand the idea behind them but don't necessarily support or loathe it.

3. sneakytails

sneakytails IncGamers Member

I agree, the devs have a huge task ahead of them. But the good thing is that they are stressing that they will take the time to get things right and with the overall community's blessing.

Its hard to discuss this game right now with so much unknown information.

4. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

we need descriptive info about skills/skill trees and ALL the classes from blizzard before we can offer constructive feedback