Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I think I'm gonna be sick

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by ConnerMacleod, Apr 6, 2004.

1. ConnerMacleod

ConnerMacleod IncGamers Member

I think I'm gonna be sick

Anyone know if there's a new account theft hack/loophole/backdoor running around?

I just spent the past hour going through every one of my accounts, and I was ROBBED! LOL. This is more of a PSA than anything else.

Here's the story: I noticed a mule sorc of mine wasn't wearing her Tal's armor, and I thought, what the hell? Ok, let's check this out. She's also missing her perfect Chance Guards and her Ist-Ist Ali Baba.

I log out and notice that my Enchantress has her bow in the profile. That's NOT how I put her away. I log into her - 8 Fire skillers missing. OMG! :scratch:

I log into my other accounts, and my Necro is missing his Enigma (which I ripped off/looted from a PK who messed up, no big loss there (duped runes n such), I liked it tho! :( ). He's also lacking in the Anni department. Hmm. Hey!? Where's that Shako and the Stormshield I traded for last night!? Now I'm a little upset. I got a terrific deal on that. Checked the other two mules on that account that were holding UNID Tal Armors. Gone.

Well, no big loss. They are only electronic items. And thank goodness I'm rich or I would be a little ticked!

Note Guys: Change your passwords up just in case. I can replace what I lost in less than an hour in the trade channel. You may not be so lucky.

2. skilledlord

skilledlord IncGamers Member

u r too rich. tat's all i have to say.

edit: o yea, i feel bad about u loosing those items too
    *replaced in an hour, sigh...rich ppl these days*

3. ConnerMacleod

It's called hours of wasted time Magic Finding and trading. LOL

Also, this is exactly WHY I never post my account in public that often. I'm not rich, there are people FAR richer than I. We call them botters. :lol:

4. slick4hire

slick4hire IncGamers Member

Last night in the trade channels I saw someone spamming something called an "Account Stealer". He said it was for sale on Ebay and going for $10 at that time. I am going to research this a bit...

Edit: I just did a search of ebay of about 100 different combos of "Diablo 2 Account Stealer" and didn't come up with anything. Has anyone else seen/heard of this?

BTW Conner, I just figured out what your signature line is from... Old hair band fan are ya?

:lol:

5. ConnerMacleod

Well, thanks slick, that's good info.

You know what's funny? In the last week I've p***ed off alot of people in games. One fella scanned my gear with his maphack and said he wanted my stuff (was on my necro at the time).

Let that be a lesson to me! LMAO!

BTW: Slick, we've had this discussion in multiple threads about my sig. I'm changing it because I'm tired of people confusing the Kurgen for Rust Never Sleeps and vice versa.

6. Rava

Rava IncGamers Member

Conner,

Besides the Highlander & Neil Young association to your quote I think Slick4hire was thinking along the lines of Def Leppard's "Rock of Ages"

i.e. the "hair band" comment

7. Sip

Sip Banned

I know how to steal peoples accounts who bot.

8. ConnerMacleod

Sip, please tell us how? That way we can all get rich at the expense of other people's illegal activities.

9. Sip

Sip Banned

Nope (10char)

10. ConnerMacleod

LOL, I was kidding.