Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I think I know what I'm going to do...

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Serdash, May 14, 2005.

1. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

I think I know what I'm going to do...

Well, I've lost a way to keep constant interest in the game.

My solution?

I was reading the Median_2 thread and I remember back in the day I used to play mods with a big group of friends.

So my solution to getting a fun edge in the game again?

Part 1: Back up all 1.09 and 1.10 character and stash files.
    Part 2: Reinstall fresh Diablo II Lord of Destruction 1.10
    Part 3: Play some mods.

Now I won't play just any mod. I'm not going to play a "OMG THE DRAWP ROON MOD LOL I HAV 6 ANIGMA ARMORZ" mod. I'm going to attempt to find something that changes the game, and provides a great challenge along with it. Something at least somewhat balanced, and that changes the game a bit.

Yes. This means I'll be stopping my 7/99 in 1.09 project. Yes this means I'll be stopping my 1.10 Self Found grail. Yes this means I'll be stopping my current PvP projects.

But how many of you actually knew any of that was going on? Probably not many. My interest in Diablo 2 has become all but minimal lately.

So I guess the most that will come from me now is reports on how X mod is going and just how amazing it is.

So... now that all of that is out of the way. Any suggestions as to which mod to play? Don't worry about not being able to link me to them, if they're at the PK, I know where to go. ;)

2. farting bob

farting bob Banned

I seem to remember reading on that chilly mod site about a mod that added a 4th difficulty, or made hell really really hard (triple immunes and uber life monsters etc), but kept the earlier parts of the game essentually the same. That sounds like fun if you can find it.
    ood luck in your h4xx0ring mods, although i found last year when the game was losing interst, that giving it up for a while really helped. I loaded it up again 1 day and bang! addiction kicks in as strong as ever.

3. Repusz

Repusz IncGamers Member

The Middle Earth mod is something I recommend you try out. Just don't give up if you die at Lvl. 1 (like I did with my first char... :lol: ). Rohirrim (Amazons) look pretty strong, at least early on.

--Repusz--

4. dune6836

dune6836 IncGamers Member

i made a completely seperate install of diablo2 and modded it with "hell unleashed"
    the first 2 characters i played this mod with got driven right out of the den of evil in normal:)
    havent managed to get a chr to andarial in norm yet..

5. Twoflower

Twoflower Banned

i am alos interested in trying some mods, only for the change in it :) if you ever find one that is challenging and truely insane ( i saw one whit mx lvl up to 5000 and all areas were much much harder, whit aditional "insane" difficulty level... something in that style ) then tell me here please and we can maybee play together on tcp ip, would be awsome :thumbsup:

i found this description on one of the mods and it seems like what i am looking for :

In a nutshell, BTH is hard. Extremely hard. Kind of like granite chewed up by a Golem, spat out and then encased in diamond hard. It's not impossible, but it's not a walk in the park either. Of course those who have played Diablo and Hellfire will expect this, but those of you who's only experience has been the various overpowering capabilities of LOD characters, then you may find yourself up a certain proverbial creek with a certain paddle. The difficulty curve is practically a cliff face, and it's not something you can sit down and play for a few minutes and make progress with. Waypoints are few and far between, so if you hope to reach the next one then it's best to put a few hours aside in order to reach it. Either that or try to run past everything to get down there. I wouldn't recommend the latter. :clap:

6. Nacaa

Nacaa IncGamers Member

OMG N00b!

Hmm I have thought about this too in the recent years of Diablo playing. Never gotten around to it though... Too lazy.

7. ron

ron IncGamers Member

Hi, I did something similar recently. I just skipped your step 3. I just completely started over, and it was very refreshing. The thing I did differently is that I am playing builds that I have not played before, or at least not played in a long time.

Good luck with your restart and have fun!

8. DMPI_Masher

DMPI_Masher IncGamers Member

I too think this subject is interesting. I have never looked for any mods but I know what your refering to in the first two posts.

I have not tried any of these programs for fear of what I might actually be downloading onto my computer. D2 LOD works fine for me and yes, there are problems that prevent me from playing HC full time...but it would be neat to change the environment to make it a bit harder and fair at the same time.

- Masher

9. hoidoimenoi

hoidoimenoi Banned

I saw a Lord of the rings mod being developed a year ago or so, I am not sure what version it was for or if it was ever finished, but if you are looking for a total conversion mod that is a place to start

10. rsFdii

rsFdii IncGamers Member

Hell Unleashed is a very good mod, however it is excruciatingly difficult solo. When I played it on Battle Net, me and three other level 16's had difficulty with Blood Raven. She has a high level Multishot, Exploding Arrow, and Immolation Arrow. The Countess is a different model, has two invincible shadow guards (now monsters, though relatively weak), fires off Frost Novas and Ice Blasts, and is extremely fast. This mod is EXTREMELY challanging, and I guarantee you you will kill yourself trying to kill The Manticore, the replacement act boss for Act 2 Duriel.

New unique items, modified statistics for many existing items, balancing skills and characters (no more uber-powerful Blessed Hammer Paladins) make this game almost an entirely new experiance.

11. dune6836

dune6836 IncGamers Member

12. poopie_pants

poopie_pants IncGamers Member

Interesting topic. The "Middle Earth" mod sounds intriguing. What does it entail? The "Hell Unleashed" mod also sounds like it would be a blast in multi-player. As for me, I have at least 5 LOD projects circling around in my head that I'll be tackling in the near future (one currently in process). So I'm content...for now :D.

-PP

13. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

Well I did download Hell Unleashed.

All I have to say is, Wow.

This game is pretty rough.

I didn't notice too many differences until it took me way too long to kill a small boss pack of Quill Rats outside of town. They simply did too much damage.

Came to Corpsefire and he's a shaman? Weird. Devilkin shaman, too. So it was hard to clear the den. I'm already figuring out good hit and run strategies with my barb, too. So it shouldn't be much harder if I do a few levelling runs in the Blood Moor. :\