Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

i think i f'ed up my hammerden

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by cowtestickles, Mar 31, 2004.

1. cowtestickles

cowtestickles IncGamers Member

i think i f'ed up my hammerden

k i started out the build poor but my luck changed and i was able to get the best hammerden gear here is mt set up
    wire fleece enigma
    um shako
    p dim hoz
    37%hoto
    26%maras
    soj
    bk
    aracnids
    war travs
    up graded magi fists
    and a 18/11/9 anni
    here is my problem i got 97 base strength is that too much for my enigma? i got max block wiht holy shield i'm working on maxing that like i maxed con/hammer/aim/vigor i'm lvl 85 right now, but my dude dies alot and fast very very fast i see guys using crappier gear then me doing better i got like 1500life and 10k def right now so wuts up? should i rebuild him? did i put too much in strength or should i put more in dex or wut? or do i jsut suck myself lol all input greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

2. sir goatscelot

sir goatscelot IncGamers Member

It's nigh impossible to mess up a Hammerdin but you managed to do it! Ahahahaha just kidding man! It all seems fine but need more details as to where your lvling, tactics, block%, etc. Is it ranged attackers? Gimmie more Pala pease ;)

3. cowtestickles

well i mostly do baal runs for lvling but still i see pallys tank them fu#$#@3 and i can't do **** and i jsut get the crap slapped out of me i throw hammers then as soon as couple die and got a good hammer cycle i switch to that life/mana steal skill then back to hammers cause most time i'm near dead.ranged attackers can be a ***** too

4. spencert

spencert IncGamers Member

You got a merc to help with crowd control? Another factor could be your aiming... ur hammer always starts northwest.

5. cowtestickles

no wut kinda merc is best my friend told me to go with a holy freeze cause of the lvl 36 concentrate might would be pointless but holy freeze would add something wut u guys think or should i go act 5 or like defiance or should i go might wuts the deelee-o and i still need advice how to tweak up my *** paladin

6. Arctic_Fox

Arctic_Fox IncGamers Member

Dude, if your asking the question here, STOP MAKING other posts just to ask the same question. Gear means nothing on a Paladin if the person who controls him can't aim or adopt a workingable attack style. I don't try Baal runs if i get ranged guys en masse, unless i have BO.

7. Fearoth

Fearoth IncGamers Member

If u have problems playing a hammerdin i think u should quit and try a new game o_O

8. knuckle_sammich

knuckle_sammich IncGamers Member

OK,

For starters, I don't care how much life you have if your resists are in the toilet, you aren't going to make it. Make sure your resists are very high for hell games. Also check your blocking % and get it up to 75% (but giving your pally's current level this option may be too late but not a total loss). Then work on aiming the hammers, this part is tough but not impossible. You already have the concept of switching to redemption on the fly, so that should help considerably. Other than that, practice, practice, practice.

Hope this helps,

knuckles

9. nSin

nSin IncGamers Member

looking at your setup, you should be doing around 10k damage

your build would help a lot, for instance, do you have holy shield, maxed hammer and its synergies?

It takes some time to learn the pattern of your hammers, try taking out single monsters first before you take a large mob. Make sure you have maxed res in hell (wich you should have with that setup) and max block. For soloing, a merc does help a lot but even without it you should be able to survive.

A hammerdin was my first 1.10 character, so I have too much strength with enigma now too, around 120 I believe, 1.6k life, 12k def max block, none in energy, the usual. Anyway, I can solo baal in 8 player games I dont have much problems with minions and baal either. So your strength issue shouldnt be a problem, even with 200 strength you should beable to kill decent.

Try to get a call to arms on switch, even a +1 to bo one will do because you have a lot of +skills.

10. slam

slam IncGamers Member

north west: relative to the direction your character is facing or relative to the screen?

i'm about to start one now that my zealot is nearing completion - just curious

11. nSin

nSin IncGamers Member

always north west of your screen, no matter where your character is facing to

12. cowtestickles

ya i got maxed block, and maxed resits in hell my strength is 97 is that too much for a enigma pally?

13. Mack

Mack IncGamers Member

I really don't see how having a few too many points in strength is going to ruin your build. You lose a bit from VIT, but it's not the end of the world. There are those out there with far more than that who do fine. Look at strategy, not gear at this point.

And for our sake it's "what" not 'wut' , it's only 1 character more, but makes the world a better place.

14. illa

illa IncGamers Member

My lvl 92 hammerdin also went through his dilemmas but he\s fully capable of anything in the game now in 8 player games.

I found enigma giving to little gains imo so I use a GA mainly so I can take a crap of a beating and leave my dex a bit lower so I can have more vita. Another useful thing is having alot of 20 vita sc\s and of course a good anni works wonders...

I would say keep lvling him up

15. Arctic_Fox

Arctic_Fox IncGamers Member

My Pally has 120's Strength and he is anything but ruined

16. cowtestickles

k well i got enough in dex for max block at his lvl wiht holy shield and rest went inot vitality here is how my skill points were put out 20 hammer/20 aim/20 vigor/ 1 in that life/mana soul stealer skill/ and pre rec's now every time i lvl i put it into holy shield witch is lvl 8 at lvl 85.

17. spencert

spencert IncGamers Member

Your hammerdin is fine... just remember whr the hammer starts and aim accordingly. Next, go train a holy freeze merc. Start him off in nm cow and progress to hell cow when he reaches lvl 70ish. Shouldnt take more than a couple of hrs to get to lvl 85.

18. evasion

evasion IncGamers Member

Amen to that... some posters give you a headache when trying to read their messages...

19. -Infinite-

-Infinite- Banned

whats up? nothing really, your hammerdin is fine, he just needs a few tweaks here and there.

hmm, your str is a little high, but its not the end of the world. unless you are a no str breast plate enigma wearer, you should have enough str with HoZ/Anni/Other Gear to use your Enigma. this meaning:

ex: Wire Fleece (which you use), 111 str req.

HoZ- +20 Str
    Anni- +18 Str
    War Travs- +10 Str
    Maras- +5 Str
    Harley Crest- +2 Str

Gear/Anni total: +55 str.

So, you should only really need about 56 or so base str, giving you just enough str to equip your Enigma.

If you havent already, try to get 10x combat charms, it will help your hammer dmg, and also defense/holy shield duration.

I can't think of a reason for you dying faster then others, only two suggestions is: 1) Get a CtA (+BC n +BO helps ALOT) and 2) maybe try a diff strategy while dueling. If you lose b/c you try to tele on top of another hammerdin, thats your fault. As for PvM, you shouldnt have any troubles. If any elementals are killing you, slap on Salvation till you kill em, and that should solve any probs. you have.

Note: Props for using Wire Fleece, which IMO looks great on pallys :worship:

20. cowtestickles

ya i had a dusk shroud but traded for wire casue of the look, he looks sexy in it no dumb green pants.
    i'm PVM btw not pvp and would me trading my enigma now for a breat plate one be a good idea and remake like is it a good idea?