Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I think FO/ES sorc is The Best team duel build. What does everyone think?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by chocolate31s, Jun 24, 2005.

1. chocolate31s

chocolate31s IncGamers Member

I think FO/ES sorc is The Best team duel build. What does everyone think?

FO/ES have very wide range attack, (attack that take up half-a-screen) and can be used to annoy the crap out of other team.

High fcr = high mobility = crutial in team duels

95% ES with good mana regen is hard to kill in a team duel environment where ur not the only target for everyone

any thoughts on team duel from anyone?

2. soc

soc Banned

FO does minimal damage, especially with absorb. The annoying part is they use mana pots and claim it's not BM (whether it is or not can be of discussion in a different thread).

Best team dueler... Trapsin? MB=GG

3. chocolate31s

chocolate31s IncGamers Member

actually i find that ppl dont really stack absorb in team duels, for the reason that ur always up against multiple opponent of different elements and physical dmg. So most ppl in team duels wont focus solely to neglate one particular element, rather they go for a more broad spectrum gear.

4. fugitive alien2

fugitive alien2 IncGamers Member

bliz is better than orb in team duels not only for greater damage, but because you can maintain lock for almost 2 full screens, and you can bliz yourself for "surround" defense. orb is only really dangerous if you're in the direct line, which is pretty narrow and easy to avoid for the most part.

5. '22'Souljah

'22'Souljah IncGamers Member

agreed a trapsin is the most important part of the team in a team pk

orb sorc isn't best team pker her attacks leave her in range to be stunlokced
    then cyclone armor and weapon blokc makes her orb a joke

6. Speederländer

Speederländer IncGamers Member

I'll take a good trapper on a team over a sorc any day of the weak.

7. kmk-soldier

kmk-soldier IncGamers Member

good ww barb in combination with foh
    and maybe a ele druid and a trapsin

for 4vs4 :lol:

8. stoutewolf

stoutewolf IncGamers Member

ama ama pala barb>most 4v4 teams ^^

9. eLight

eLight IncGamers Member

Rabie/Fury should be very good imo "not the best ofc" because it spreads the psn around in the opponents team if they are foolish. And their high life/dmg/block/speed is very nasty to. :clap:

10. soc

soc Banned

they'll drink antidotes

11. koeraokse

koeraokse IncGamers Member

I'd say that best team would be a foh+trapsin I have done that myself and we were kinda hard to beat.. :thumbsup:

imagine it, you run or tele near us, you are stunned by mind blast, and your resistances are lowered by conviction, traps are hurting you so badly+that nasty FoH...

:cheesy:
    *priit

12. Speederländer

Nah. Trapper, bone necro with lower resist and a good WW barb can take anyone.

13. cwazzy

cwazzy IncGamers Member

lol this thread makes me laugh... no one is explaining their group combo's... its just people throwing together random teams and saying they own... cmon show your work! ww barb + trap + bone necro... well, bone necros generally are hard hitters... when they hit. if the necro is using lower res, hes finished. he needs decrip to slow the oposition. which means that someone is going to sacrafice for that team, being the necro while casting lower res, or the trap sin by not having the dmg output from the lower res if the necro chooses to use decrip. With that, the barb is left alone with his 5k life... he might be able to make it if he gets life tap off his dracs. All aside... you cant really make a good pvp team based on chars... its all about the strat!! good players = good teams :thumbsup:

14. cwazzy

cwazzy IncGamers Member

Okie... 4 topaz shield + botd = death to both of you... and thats just on a barb

15. Speederländer

What's that supposed to mean? WW barbs are good WHEN THEY HIT as well. Pallys are good WHEN THEY HIT. You're just stating the obvious. In any event, a good necro has as good a chance to hit with BS and/or spear as most others.

:rolleyes:

The necro is "finished" by using LR? You're complaining about people not posting tactics and then you say the obvious team tactic of LR + traps means the necro is somehow "finished", which is total nonsense. In a team match, the necro isn't going to decrep EVER if he has a good trapper with him. If you are lower resisted, you can't even approach a necro/trapper combo.

:rolleyes:
    My assassin gets close to 5K life from good barb battle orders. The necro would probably have almost 4K.

And explain to me, please, why the barb is "left alone" again? You say the barb is somehow abandoned, yet you make no case for this whatsoever.

Unfortunately, the character types go a LONG way to predicting success. Assuming all the players are good and their characters are well-built with decent equipment, You can predict with decent accuracy the outcome of any match-up by looking at the character builds involved.

You put a bowazon, barb, and wolf druid vs. smiter/charger, trapper, and FoH pally, and I'll make you a $20 bet as to the outcome. I don't care what strategy the first team uses, they will lose 9 times out of 10.

16. cwazzy

cwazzy IncGamers Member

OK so your example has 3 chars that depend on AR ( save the zon but you can block GA) vs 3 chars that have skills that are guaranteed hitters... lol i would never take your bet, because i already know the outcome of that match. ;)

17. soc

soc Banned

Those are givens. Were assuming the players aren't idiots, and they have good gear. As morot puts it Connection > Gear > Skill.

If you need decrip to kill with a bone necro, then your lacking in the Skill department. Trapsins can still have scary damage outputs without lower resist. Lower resist just makes it a deadly combination. And the trapsins there for the Mindblast lock mainly.

BvC Barbs normally have 7k-9k life. Life tap doesn't go off with whirlwind. Or do barbs you know kill things by berzerking/frenzying/stunning/bashing?

18. cwazzy

cwazzy IncGamers Member

First off, let me say that my main is a ww/conc barb (built for hybrid cause i was a nub when i made him) but he still shells massive dmg with good AR. Well, when i have dueled PnB necros, they generally try and spam Spear... lol and it doesn't hit me very often. Sorry for not clarifying my point here... BS isnt a AR based skill, so when it strikes, it always does dmg.

OK lets discuss scenarios... obviously, my lone barb isnt going to go at a 2v1 nec+sin, that goes against common sense. If per say i had a sorc with me, be it cold/light/fire, then the necro is left alone. My barb has enough life to withstand a couple of shots from the necro, assuming i dodge the assassins shots. Now with my sorc, that trapper has something to worry about, which means that shes gonna take off the minute she sees the sorc comin. Now, granted the necro could tele with her, but no one can move and shoot at the same time, and with the sin having to put up new traps occasionally, if i manage to drain them, shes got the 2-3 secs of downtime casting them, giving the sorc the edge. the necro cant handle both of us :cool:

OK OK gimme a hard time cause i describe what happens to me when i team duel. I always get left alone :(

OK ill accept that if you give me another situation aside from your 3 AR based vs 3 caster based

19. '22'Souljah

'22'Souljah IncGamers Member

^
    where did the all about strat logic go all of a sudden?
    bone necros hit all the time without decrip
    elite caster team pk are usually all casters in that duel and decrip does nothing to slow down a caster since they all cast

20. Speederländer

Needing AR is no predictor. Give me a team of three good tele-WW barbs, and a whole lot of caster combos will get torn to shreds. A good ww barb is ALMOST a guranteed hitter vs. most casters, esp. since many but pally casters have a tendency to neglect block these days. I don't deny that skill is important. But character TYPE and item QUALITY are bigger predictors, assuming no one is downright clueless.