Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I Suck at Drinking, What about you?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by razen, Jun 3, 2008.

1. razen

razen IncGamers Member

I Suck at Drinking, What about you?

So anyways, today... I drank Saki at a Japanese retaurant. I just ordered one regular order (a bottle... but not really... it's one of those tall think glass thingy... I don't know the exact lingo for the quantifier... let me know if you do)

After roughly half way through, (about 3 shots) I was feeling a little light headed. But anyways, I finished it... like... didn't take off all my cloth and run around... but I was defnitely feeling really tingly and woozy.

So I got home, went to bed right away, wake up 3 hours later, and till now (about 6 hours) have a MASSIVE headache.

Seriously, if I ever invent a time machine (god forbid if I drank anymore) I am going back in time to find the first person that invent the alcoholic drink. I need to ask him: "What the crap do you see in this? It tastes bad and gives you headaches. It's like poison or superglue."

2. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Re: I Suck at Drinking, What about you?

It's biology. Some people can tolerate certain drinks and others can't. I believe port is a popular headache-inducer; I'm fine with it.

Personally I won't drink anything when I'm out unless I've had a meal FIRST. Drink water; you're dehydrated. Keep drinking water.

Other than that. Just avoid the stuff.

3. jakotaco

jakotaco IncGamers Member

They say that the lower your tolerance is, teh lower the risk of you developing a problem with alcohol. So congratulations I guess... (and it gets cheaper!)

4. Barabas

Barabas IncGamers Member

To be an expert alcoholic one must be gifted. Not everyone can be a veritabile alcoholic.
    You just can drink 1 tone of beer and say " Ah yea, I drink like a pig, now I'm a cool alcoholic" , but never achive a true bless state of a real alcoholic.

5. marcello

marcello Banned

I have got to ask you Razen if you are of asian heritance? Because if you are, there is a 50% chance you lack an enzyme that breaks down alcohol which provides an insane headache as opposed to non asian.

That's just the general idea, if someone wants to go into details please do, I'm to lazy at the moment.

6. Supox

Supox IncGamers Member

My problem is that once I get enough to drink I just keep pouring it down my troath. I was drinking last Saturday, lost my credit card, had a little incident with cops... So no booze for me for a looong time now. Hangover took two days also.

7. Johnny

Johnny Banned

Yeah asians are geneticly whimps when it comes to drinking which is reflected in the weakness of their alcohol culture. I mean come on. Rice wine? How creative is that? It's like if the Italians made pasta wine.... Or the dutch made marijuana wine... Or the fins made beer wine.

8. korialstraz

korialstraz IncGamers Site Pal

I don't know how it compares to others, but I can usually drink about 6 bottles of Kalinka (not the 40% stuff or whatever) but the one eqvuivelant to beer (I hate beer btw), before I really notice much. During an evening 10 bottles isn't a problem, and if a party lasts really long around 15 bottles is enough to get me drunk.

It varies a lot though. On my brothers birthday I managed a liter of Baccardi apple and some smirnoff alone >_>

Edit: And I didn't get a headache. Just make sure you drink a lot of water before going to bed, and drink water first thing when you wake up. I think it helps that I can go out and get drunk, go to bed at 4 am and wake up at 11 am without feeling sleepy. Though I'm usually tired :D

9. BAMFSpecialOps

BAMFSpecialOps IncGamers Member

Drinking is an sport...some are made for it some arn't. Beer Pong FTW!

<---666 :/

10. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

Or if we made beer wine.

I should patent that...

11. llad12

llad12 IncGamers Member

Look at the bright side Razen. At least you didn't become nauseated by the liquor.

12. razen

razen IncGamers Member

Well, I guess I didn't drink so much that it gets to that stage. But usually, I do throw up after drinking. As for the enzyme thingy, I think that's totally true. I can't handle alcohol for shatz, o well.

Though I have to disagree with some of you guys about weak asian drinking culture. Not only do most of our traditional cultural acitivities involve some sort of alcohol (what's wrong with rice wine? I had fruit wines before, they don't taste any better in my opinion. lose/lose situation for me) albeit korean, chinese, japanese, the rest, but I know several people that can outdrink the world.

Seriously though, how do people handle the taste. I can't imagine the inventor of wine never thought of a better way to make it taste more like pepsi (or coke, whichever you support). Sniff superglue then drink wine... honestly... no difference!

13. Tanooki

Tanooki IncGamers Member

I went to a sushi restaurant and tried the sake. I was barely able to finish my single shot - it tasted horrible. My wife drank most of the little bottle thing. She said it stopped tasting bad after a few shots.

14. Johnny

Johnny Banned

God approves of sake?

15. Gertlex

Gertlex Banned

Indeed... Pop tastes so much better. (as long as it's not diet)

Still, the buzz is fun when I do decide to waste an evening.

And drink water before going to sleep; that's a common recommendation to avoid hangovers.

16. Tanooki

Tanooki IncGamers Member

You do know Jesus' first miracle was "water into wine", right?

17. Johnny

Johnny Banned

Actualy they have looked a little closer at the wording of that miracle and it turns out Jesus did'nt actualy turn water into wine. He turned water into whine

This was by no means a miracle but his natural biology which by drinking water let him remain alive to keep whining.

18. garublador

garublador IncGamers Member

I think only one person said that and it was probably a poorly expressed joke.

There's not much worse than bad sake.
    Fruit wines aren't always known for their quality, either. Once you get used to drinking enven halfway decent wines you'll appreciate the flavor a lot more.

19. moo-cow

moo-cow IncGamers Member

if you don't like the taste of sake then try something else

20. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

Very true. I've had cheap liquor of every variety, and cheap sake is by far the most nauseating.