I should know this but...

Dawnmaster

Diabloii.Net Member
I should know this but...

It's a rather odd question, as it won't serve any real purpose.

Does "prevent monster heal" work in pvp? To stop players from benefitting from replenish life?

I think not, and even if the answer is yes, I still doubt it'd be of any use, but still, I am curious :rolleyes:
 

Ax2Grind

Diabloii.Net Member
What he said

Dawnmaster said:
It's a rather odd question, as it won't serve any real purpose.

Does "prevent monster heal" work in pvp? To stop players from benefitting from replenish life?

I think not, and even if the answer is yes, I still doubt it'd be of any use, but still, I am curious :rolleyes:
Players don't have internal healing, oddly enough. Healing potions, Prayer, replenishment and such are artificial ways of raising current/actual hit points, to or towards maximum. Monsters do have natural healing, and until .10 Prevent Monster Heal didn't have much use. Now, they can often restore all of their hit points quickly. PMH doesn't work with regards to heirophants or council members' magics and other such methods used by monsters, as those - like healing potions, Prayer, etc. - are artificial means of hit point restoration.

Translate 'Prevent Monster Heal' as 'Prevent a monster from naturally healing.' It doesn't affect players, potions or spells.
 

SeDnA

Diabloii.Net Member
Uh... I think he meant Replenish Life +7 from items.

Also players are not monsters. Even if players have internal healing it wouldn't work at all. I don't need an insult from you if you don't like my answer at all.
 

Dawnmaster

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, as I said in my first post: "I think not"

So thanks for backing up what I thought was right in the first place :thumbsup:
 

Ax2Grind

Diabloii.Net Member
Please elaborate

SeDnA said:
Uh... I think he meant Replenish Life +7 from items.

Also players are not monsters. Even if players have internal healing it wouldn't work at all. I don't need an insult from you if you don't like my answer at all.
Who insulted you and how?
 

SeDnA

Diabloii.Net Member
Probably you don't think what you put in the title of your post hurt but it did.

It reads your answer sucks.
 

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
IMO you are too touchy about that. I suggest to calm down about this, as this issue is not worth to start a flame war. Lean back and relax until Ax2Grind replies...

BTW, your answer lacks any explanation, so it's no surprise that others think it's not helpful.
 

Dawnmaster

Diabloii.Net Member
SeDnA said:
Probably you don't think what you put in the title of your post hurt but it did.

It reads your answer sucks.
To be honest, I didn't even know you could give your post a title :lol:

But go with that last advice, chill, relax, have a beer :rolleyes:
 

SeDnA

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't see how this is considered a flame war... :rolleyes:

Well whatever then... There ain't any oxygen to begin with...
 

Dawnmaster

Diabloii.Net Member
SeDnA said:
I don't see how this is considered a flame war... :rolleyes:

Well whatever then... There ain't any oxygen to begin with...
Exactly :p I don't see a fires either... heck, I don't even see smoke :D
 

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
As I mentioned that word, I guess your replies are addressed to me.

I never said this is a flame war, I just said it's not worth to start one. I see no fire as well, but when people accuse others to be insulting, that's what I call smoke.

*hastily waving smoke away which might have been created by my postings*
 

Ax2Grind

Diabloii.Net Member
It does?

SeDnA said:
Probably you don't think what you put in the title of your post hurt but it did.

It reads your answer sucks.
There's no 'Negative' picture other than the thumbs down. So, when looking through threaded mode, you'll see that my reply was directly branched from the original post. Hence, the negative implication was to his question, basically telling him that the guy above me was right on the money, if not incredibly brief. I added a more verbose explanation so 'I wonder why' didn't need to follow and anyone else peering in would get more detail. To me it reads 'That guy is right, it doesn't work', with an extended reason in the post itself.

To be honest, I think if players had natural healing (like the natural mana recovery/regeneration) then Blizzard might have made it 'Prevent Enemy Heal', but that would only have worked for such, as artificial means like spells, potions, etc. would still work normally. I'm under the assumption that, since human beings (represented by the characters) do have natural healing, but no mana, Blizzard consciously made a decision to give that to monsters but withhold it from players. A cracked sash to anyone who can tell me why they may have done so.
 
Top