Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I really, really need help......

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SapphireSoze187, Feb 4, 2004.

1. SapphireSoze187

SapphireSoze187 IncGamers Member

I really, really need help......

this is turning into a very, very serious problem, please help me

about 2 months, 3 months ago I was prescribed Adderall, for those of you who don't know, it's an ADD medication. It's supposed to calm you down and relax you. I started taking it, and I loved it, loved it so much, it made me feel......so happy. I'd talk to people, be social, clean, do homework, and such. I never have motivation to do anything when I'm not on addarrel, like I have no life in me....I felt like a person. now theres a problem though, I'm addicted to it, I can't stand it, I still get the happy feeling but it's not as long and it makes me take more. I was scheduled a 30-day prescription on the 25th of January, now it's the 3rd of February. I only have 9 left...I promised myself to stop on Monday, just my regular one in the morning, and that was it starting Tuesday. I took 120mg's yesterday (tuesday) which is 4x more then my reccomended dosage (the max prescribed dosage) and about 70mg's over the Overdose dosage. I didn't even feel sick or anything though, just happy.....I promised myself again today, I still feel like I can do it. But I know as soon as I walk in the house I'll take one. Someone please help me, I can't stand it anymore. I was up till 4:45am last night and woke up at 7am. I haven't eaten since yesterday morning, and all I had was a bagel and cream cheese, I just don't know what to do......anyone?

2. Madness

Madness IncGamers Member

Like you said yourself, you need help.
    Are you living alone? Still with your parents? A partner?
    Inform them of the problem, they can help you at first.

But what you really need is a doctor, and you should go see one asap, and tell them what youve just told us.

3. Kawaii

Kawaii IncGamers Member

You need to talk to someone in real life about this. I'd advice telling a parent(it's very hard, i know) so that that person can give you the dosage instead of you having direct access to it... But personally i'd advice against seeking counsel at a forum on a site dedicated to a computer game.

4. Drosselmeier

Drosselmeier IncGamers Member

You need to talk to your doctor.

I don´t know exactly what´s in adderal but I assume it´s some sort of amphetamine like thing if it´s used to treat ADD.
    Addiction to amphetamines is no joke, believe you me. You need to straighten this out before it you dig yourself deeper in the hole.

Talk to your doctor and tell him that you have a problem. If he´s not a total jerk he´ll help you get some sort of treatment, which you will need. I don´t know you or anything but I doubt you can just give it up without any help... or at least it will be really hard. Addiction has a way of tricking you into acting against your best judgement.

The sooner you deal with this the better, and the easier it will be for you.

5. Sergeant

Sergeant IncGamers Member

Yeah, get with your doc. If you still live at home or live with someone, I'd recommed putting the perscription in their charge and have them give you only what your perscription recommends. Until your doc can sort this out, sticking to the perscription is the safest way to go.

Get them to a place where you can't take one cause you feel like it.

6. tarnok

tarnok IncGamers Member

Talk to your doctor. Do it now. Show him your post here if you don't feel like you can talk to him about it.

And for future reference, don't take medical advice from anyone on an internet forum.

7. Munch

Munch IncGamers Member

Strangers on a message board cannot give, and should not be asked to give, medical advice.

Go to or contact your doctor. Immediately. Get a different prescription. Immediately.

8. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

Why would anyone make their very first post about something like this? Hell, knowing this bunch, I would never make a post like this.

"Something is rotten in the state of Denmark."

--Hamlet (I, iv, 90)

9. SapphireSoze187

SapphireSoze187 IncGamers Member

I can't leave it in the hands of my parents, all I have is a mom, and she goes out partying all the time and just leaves it here, I know her. If I told her, it'd be gone, instantly, she'd just flush it down the toilet and I'd never see it at the house again, I know people who have it so I'd get it from them and drug dealing is not something I want to do :( I'll.......consider talking to my doctor, I'm not good with confrontation though, but I can try.......

By the way, this isn't my first post on the forums, I made this user name just for this specific post. I'm kind of...ashamed so to say

10. Munch

Munch IncGamers Member

Honestly, get off of the internet, get your prescription, and call the doctor on the bottle. Now. There's no confrontation necessary - you just tell him the prescription isn't working and you need to work out alternative options.

Now.

11. th5418

th5418 Banned

Hmm, sounds like your addicted to it? You cant stop using it, like how some people are with ciggareetes(sp)? Gradually stop i guess.

12. CaptJoe213

CaptJoe213 IncGamers Member

yes call the doc, I wouldn't suggest stoppin it completely until you speak with a doctor. Some medications can have dangerous effects if terminated suddenly. no matter how kind, or well intentioned anyone could be on a forum, we still do not know you, or your medical history. This is something left to a professional, most favorably the professional that made the prescription. Discuss with them the side effects you are experiencing, and I'm sure they will help you work out a healthier plan for usage/changing medications.

I hope you get this worked out, but work it out with a doctor, dont try to fix it on your own.

13. Deramhus

Deramhus Banned

Hey man I've taken that stuff aswell (but illegally), very nice. As for the addiction part, I'm in the belief you can make it whatever you want to. You can sort some goals out and strive for them or sit at home and think about your next hit, choice is yours.

14. AluminumKnight

AluminumKnight IncGamers Member

This is the kind of post that we don't need here. Why would you ever take something like that illegally? Are you crazy? A medication like that that hasn't been prescribed to you? You must have a death wish or something.

You also don't take the addiction seriously. What is wrong with you? Can't you tell by his post that he is seriously in trouble? He can't stop without help.

15. th5418

th5418 Banned

Deramhus, people like you make me sick.

16. Lone_C

Lone_C IncGamers Member

Using un-prescribed medication is actually quite commonplace in my experiences (by that I mean people I know).

And Deramhus, telling the kid to turn back to drugs instead of sorting out his problems is just ridiculous.

17. Kaysaar

Kaysaar IncGamers Member

I don't think that what Derahmus said was all that bad (actually the first 2 sentences have little to no redeeming value), but he did put things into perspective with his last sentence:

"You can sort some goals out and strive for them or sit at home and think about your next hit, choice is yours."

I interpret that not as take a hit, but rather SapphireSoze187 has to realize the problem and SapphireSoze187 has to act in this sort of situation, even if acting means calling a doctor for help. None of us can do this for him (or her).

18. jizus

jizus IncGamers Member

what was so bad about what derahmus said? it only related to "yea, i've been there too", and from my experiences people often enough like to know their not alone, especially in serious situations sometimes it's reasurring to know your not the only one who's made the same mistake as opposed to assuming that. i'll admit, he probably didn't have as much sentiment in his post but i agree with kaysaar, the last sentence pointed to a more decisive decision to make ... and i think there's already 50 posts above saying "go to your doctor" to get that point across

but hey, what do i know ... afterall, maybe i'm really sapph ...... or maybe i'm really derawhatever ...

dun dun dunnnn!!

19. Satrina

Satrina IncGamers Member

Sapphire, Talk to your Doctor, as soon as possible! Medicines that affect your brain can be very harmful if misused. And ADD is enough of a struggle to overcome without adding drug addiction/problems to your worries.

If you can't talk to your parents, talk to your doctor directly, or a teacher or counseler at school. Surely there is someone you could get with that can help you with this where you are. All we can do is empathise, and in some cases try to make jokes or be rude. And honestly, none of those is truly going to help you in the end.

I truly hope you can get help and be fine. And if you want to talk feel free to pm me. But above all else talk to a medical professional where you are.

Good luck *Huggles*

20. Deathwing

Deathwing Banned

Jesus Christ! What the hell would you do if you cut an arm off? Post on GameSpy and ask how to stop the bleeding? You're an idiot if you have not gone to your doctor by now (assuming you read all the "GO TO YOUR DOCTOR NOW" posts) and got some help from someone who knows how to actually help you.

This isn't a "oh dear what shall I do now... oh hum" kinda thing you can just put off and if you've taken double of what counts as "overdose doseage" you better sort this problem out or you'll end up with brain damage. Or dead.

NO ONE is going to be able to give you any good advice here, unless they have experience in the medical field and even then it won't be as likely to actually effect you.