Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I Really Really Need Help On This Pls...Spam Hack

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by miuzique, Mar 24, 2004.

1. miuzique

miuzique IncGamers Member

I Really Really Need Help On This Pls...Spam Hack

Hey guys i'm having a hard time getting rid of this spam hack i downloaded a maphack (just what am i thinking at that time?!!?!?) and ever since its been spamming rooms. Please if you have any idea how to get rid of it tell me. i am so stupid and careless. Kind soul out there please help I really really appreciate it...

p.s. i have already deleted every single thing to do with diablo then reinstalled d2x and it still does it so im stumped

2. BuddySativa

BuddySativa IncGamers Member

You need to take your PC back to the shop where you bought it and tell them you're too stupid to own a computer.

3. warlock_666

warlock_666 IncGamers Member

dont flame he's clearly made an honest mistake and he said he doesnt know what he was thinking at the time so either be helpful or stay quiet.

on the actual topic i have no idea how to get rid of it. If you remember where you saved your 'maphack' it might be there, otherwise all i can think of is to search through 'my computer' and try and find something that you dont recognise (without deleting anything important).

4. BuddySativa

Maybe it is an 'honest mistake'

I'll bet my bottom dollar tho' that if it wasn't spamming then he'd be using maphack right now and using it to gain an unfair advantage.

You get what you deserve with hacks, IMO.

5. Diab

Diab IncGamers Member

Are you sure that the spam is coming from YOU? There has been an increase of spam bots, spamming for various item-selling companies, but I don't think it would be coming from unaware users like you.

Anyways, download The Cleaner or some othe anto-trojan software, as well as an Anti-Virus software, and check your system.

6. dead munkey

dead munkey Banned

Hahahahaahahahahahahahaaha. That brightened my day, thanks. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. I totally agree with ya man.

As for Miusic...or what ever your name is...
    I find it distastful for you to come here and ask for help after gettin' what you deserve tryin to get a cheat.

You got yourself into this....get yourself out

7. Rex

Rex Banned

There is always the age old cure, Format c: (repeat if you have more than one hard drive)..

8. GIR

GIR Banned

Awww. Poor baby downloaded a cheat and it didn't quite work out as planned. Let us all thrust out pity upon him!

Pssh. Sucker. Don't expect any sympathy here.

9. D'Shay

D'Shay IncGamers Member

it prob is spyware, try ad-aware or something to get rid of it (spybot etc)

and use a virus scanner before that also...if that fails on both, then format

10. PikachuMolester2003

PikachuMolester2003 IncGamers Member

>it prob is spyware, try ad-aware or something to get rid of it (spybot etc)

I highly doubt there are any of those that specifically cause the spamming.
    Spybot looks for the ones from advertising agencies, it will not search for a diablo hack.

As said before, the only was I'd feel safe is to go reformat with a fresh install of windows, then run an Anti Virus after that.
    Then never, ever, ever, use/look for hacks.

He will get sympathy here, hatred gets us no where.

11. raffster

raffster IncGamers Member

If the hack you installed modified Windows Registry Keys either by adding its own keys or modifying existing ones and there is no uninstaller for that hack, then you are quite screwed. Even if you uninstall and reinstall Diablo 2 the modifications in the registry will remain unchanged. If the map hack contains a virus like code, it is possible that an anti-virus program will catch it, but it is very unlikely.

There are several ways you can get around this: (in order of severity)
    1. Check the website where you got the hack. Did the hack creators have instructions on how to uninstall the hack? If there is, make an attempt to follow it. Just be sure it doesn't involve sending your username/password to anything.
    2. If you are running Windows XP, you might be able to use the system restore feature to restore your computer to the way it was before you downloaded and installed the patch.
    3. If #1 and #2 fails, reformatting is your only option.

Downloading 3rd party programs to augment gameplay unfairly is a very serious and dangerous thing. Unless you are a programmer youself and you can understand code, you can never know for sure what these hacks can do to your computer and the information it contains (credit card information, social security number, etc. etc.)

To those who flamed: I think it was totally unnecessary. The guy already called himself stupid and was directing his question to a specific audience: kind souls. You obviously do not fall into this category.

12. GIR

GIR Banned

Who said anything about hate? Fool got what he deserved. That's amusing to me. I'm not gonna sit here and feel sorry for him though.

13. BuddySativa

Why unnecesary ?

It was miuzique's 1st post and he has quite obviously d/l the maphack w/o even playing the game as if the only way to play is with maphack. Like many other just-started players these days. I suspect he is already requesting rushes, asking for IK armour at lvl 3, calling everyon noobs etc.

This type of mentality ruins public games and perpetuates bad feeling towards cheaters from legit players.

Sometimes, Raffster, you have to be cruel to be kind. A short, sharp shock can be more effective than a tap on the wrist and a lollipop to take away the tears and snot. This type of pill shouldn't need any sugar. If he does not get 'cuddly' assistance from the forums, maybe he will think twice about starting the game with the sole intention of cheating. Being 'kind' to such individuals does NOTHING to reduce or eliminate the cheating and bad feeling that they perpetuate. Why can't people express their TRUE feelings becuase it might upset someone?

Do not be surprised when legit players feel angry when 1st-time posters pop their cherry with a request for help on maphack. P-lease.

As I said in an earlier post, if he could get away with using maphack and not requesting help on the forums then he would have done. Period.

I know what you were thinking at the time, miuzique, you were thinking you could cheat your way through the game. There is no other reason for even d/l maphack, never mind installing it and trying to get rid of it.

Monkey see as monkey do. Someone please kill the head monkey and promote the giraffe.

14. TyrionXavier

TyrionXavier IncGamers Member

No it isn't.

You can search your registry manually, or download Microsoft's official registry cleaner (which will delete keys that aren't linked to any installed programs). There are also many other third party registry cleaners.

You can also get an install monitor and re-install the program, logging all the keys that the program makes in your registry. After you have a list of all the keys, you can then go in manually and delete those keys. Poof, instant program eradication.

There are ALWAYS other steps before formatting. That is some of the worst computer advice I have ever seen.

15. Diab

Diab IncGamers Member

So wait... in your sense, a first time poster means the the person is a newbie? I dont understand the relationship between posting here on the forums and starting to paly the game? What, you think everyone who starts playing the game makes a first post here?

16. ogz

ogz IncGamers Member

My tip is to STOP TRYING TO REINSTALL THE MAPHACK after u reinstall diablo!!

17. ULTIMATER

ULTIMATER IncGamers Member

Jesus H. Christ, get of the crack . . .

18. BuddySativa

No, the tone of the post indicated his lack of awareness of maphack and the short shrift he would receive when posting about maphack on the forums, not the quantity of posts. It just happened to be his 1st post which accentuated the fact. The combination of these points out his newness to the game.

Read the original post and you'll pick up the meaning, the subtext, or not - whatever.

Not worth getting into a fight over, Diabolico x64, I aint going to change my mind :) I stand by what I said.

Miuzique is quite welcome to refute me and tell us all he has been playing since D2 1.03 if he likes. Fnar, Fnar.

19. oscarmk1

oscarmk1 IncGamers Member

Assuming that the problem is in the registry, you can reinstall windows as a partition(DO NOT INSTALL IT OVER THE ONE YOU HAVE, OR ITS THE SAME AS FORMATTING), that way you dont have to reformat.

20. .EYRIS.ONE.

.EYRIS.ONE. IncGamers Member

wow dii.net forums have a lot of angry people here o_O a.k.a all you flaming in this post, why not instead of being angry try and help him why not be nice? i bet all of you or at least half of you use mh. sorry but its true, you all need to relax, if you got nothing nice to say dont say it man leave him alone.

ok he made a mistake he wants help to clean it up, obviously he has learned his lesson.

i never actually knew the type of ppl on these forums would be like this i thought this was a nice friendly helpful set of forums. instead there is so much hate! you all need to relax i mean, this cannot really be making you angry enough to voice what you all have said in this thread. this is not the only thread that includes flames ( and its far from the worst ) but, ive finally had enough dont flame him, why take the time to come into this thread and reply with something that is not helping him!??

peace.

ps: i realise there are some helpful people in this thread, the type of people i thought these forums consisted of only. thanks guys for keeping it real.