Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I plan on starting a new sorc, for purely MF

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Koggit, Mar 17, 2004.

1. Koggit

Koggit IncGamers Member

I plan on starting a new sorc, for purely MF

I just recently started playing again less than a week ago, with a Necro as my first character (who is now at 70). I found an Oculus on the Foothills of Nightmare which gave me a reason to make a Sorceress, my favorite character from 1.09. =)

I won't be questing, most likely only doing Countess/Andy/Mephisto/Shenk runs, so was thinking about just going a single element. I've heard of people going Blizzard-only and have heard of Orb-only, if single element isn't a bad idea for these boss runs which would be the best skill to specialize in?

I miss my Orb/Thunder Storm sorc, would that still work well on 1.10?

2. GITO86

GITO86 IncGamers Member

well my friend keeps bragging that with maxed synergies he kills meph in 2 orbs, so im making a pure orb sorc. i think it will be more effective than a dual element sorc. instead of changing your build to match a certain place to mf, change the place to match your build ^_^

cold sorcs do very well against meph and in the mausoleum (the place next to blood raven, it has the same area level as the pit). meph is easy to reach and you dont have to deal with cold immunes since u can tele past them. in the mausoleum, there are no cold immunes, except for maybe a few unique monsters, so u can kill everything for yummy drops.

3. sangfagel

sangfagel IncGamers Member

I have an another approach. My mf sorc, now lvl 90 is a really unique-set-rune- finding-machine. I assumed that this kind of char must have following qualities:
    1. Must be VERY secure. =>full resists, 75% block, high def, life>mana, no ES, no Oculus.
    2. It must be universal => 2 elements + merc.
    3. Must have at least 1 point in Teleport :lol:
    4. Mf% is a of secondary concern - it shouldn´t be lower than 200, preferably 400.
    5. Mercenery is as important as the main char.

My char:
    Skills: Meteor,FB // blizzard, 1 point in warmth, 1 point in teleport, 1 point in CA. The rest in mast and syn.

Gear: Tal set, Ryhme shield, 39% Chances, 29% Nagel, 30% Nagel, 49%WT, Ani, 39% Gheed´s, some res all, vita, res pois and mf charms - just to give this build a perfect balance.

Merc (as it is now): lvl 90 defiance (act 2 norm), eth rockstoper, eth corpsemourn/14 res all,cold dmg jewel, Reaper's Toll/Amn.

This build can handle every situation and every enviroment in the game besides DC. (I never tried - have a special pally build for this reason :lol: )

p.s.
    The best thing with my sorc is that she found amost all her gear -both her recent and previous one - with all this stuff listed above she is almost untwinked. (almost = Anihilus and some items traded for self found stuff, like Tal orb, Shako(no use any longer), 39% Gheed´s)

4. Koggit

Koggit IncGamers Member

I decided to go with the tried and true meteorb rather than using my first 1.10 Sorceress to experiment. I have two questions, 1, is FB Fire Bolt or Fire Ball? I notice both are synergized and both are FB... so I'm a bit confused by all the FB talk, but I assume Fire Ball. CA also, I don't know what that stands for. Two, how important is more life than mana? Oculus is the only good Sorc item I currently have, the only good item I can twink her with (though it's going to take a while to get it to her with the level requirement).

5. Zhidkoe

Zhidkoe IncGamers Member

Most likely fireball, that one you will use so max it, firebolt is for the last points after clvl 90, if you don't want your fireball stronger ...

6. mistiquo

mistiquo IncGamers Member

a meteorb sorc is a very good choice, but for those security tips, I really doubt some stuff...
    Like, dual tree for mf? max block can be considered, but, by the moat trick, you won't have to face any monsters at all => most likely, no block required
    my mf gear atm is:
    -isted shako
    -eth skullders, isted or ptopazed, not sure
    -dual isted ali baba
    -rhyme shield (rune word)
    -chance guards
    -dual nagel
    -goldwrap
    -wartravellers
    -alot of mf charms
    I'm also thinking of using a gheeds, but I haven't found one yet...
    and, to get to meph, I use on the weapon switch: occy and lidless (the teleport on the occy isn't a problem then, cuz you'll be teleing non stop anyway!)