Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I need windforce!!

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by BarnBee7, Mar 5, 2004.

1. BarnBee7

BarnBee7 IncGamers Member

I need windforce!!

I need windforce, where is the best place to run to get it, I have about 250% mf and can run all of NM and some of Hell. Or, will someone trade it to me? I don't have much but I will give whatever I got.

2. Cujo

Cujo IncGamers Member

3. Gorny

Gorny Banned

You should build a character more suited to magic finding. I suggest a Hammerdin(which I have just started myself), A Strafazon, or Necro of some sort. Read the guides for those characters first and do not waste skill points. Then once you have an established character that has a decent amount of MF% and can still kill effectivly, you are all good.

4. innorton38

innorton38 IncGamers Member

I definitely agree with this and having built each of the most popular mf chars (hammerdins, 2 tree sorc, and necro) I'd have to say that the hammerdin is the best for mf. Even with normal mf gear, you can still be a killing machine with enough toughness to survive anywhere in hell. The sorc can tele but she's too fragile for baal runs. The hammerdin can't tele but vigor's a synergy for hammer so you can run pretty quickly anywhere you want to get. I can do my full mf run (griswold, andy, council, meph, eldritch, shenk, baal and his minions) in less than 20-30 minutes. I only use my sorc for quick meph runs. You may not find a wf but you'll probably find enough to trade for one after a while.

5. Gorny

Gorny Banned

with the addition of a teleport ammy or other item, or The Runeword Enigma in armor, teleporting is possible with a hammerdin

6. mordeth

mordeth IncGamers Member

I've had the same experience with a meteorb sorc being fragile for the tougher runs, and am now working on MF hammerdin. Any comments on gear setup/ mods to focus on aside from mf (fcr, +skills, res) and their relative importance?

7. MinasMorgul

MinasMorgul IncGamers Member

If you'd have posted this 3 weeks ago i'd have given you my windforce for free, since i don't play the game anymore. ah what a cruel world we live in...

(Seriously i would have)

8. Gorny

Gorny Banned

All the info you will EVER need for a Hammerdin go here :

http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=502

And here :

(view Hammerdin guide on page)

http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=532&page=4#Appendix C: MFing in The Pits (The Guides)

One word of adivce, DO NOT waste points to skills, only put the required points into the pre-req. skills.

9. mordeth

mordeth IncGamers Member

Thanks Aragorn. I was following both Ragnarod's and the "Max-damage" hammerdin guides, but was curious to see exactly what setup people use for mf runs. I had forgotten about the pit guide. Seems pretty much what I planned on, but I didn't know if the sacrifice of +mana% items (SoJ, frosburn, silkweave) would be a serious hindrance? I imagine you could use wizspike as main weapon, then baba on switch? Still need to get me a Hoz tho (that sorcs life aint over yet :uhhuh: ).

Also, do people actually find pit runs productive? I'v had very little success there with ~375 mf. It would seem to me that the lack of bonus to drop that exists for boss monsters seriously crimps how often good stuff will fall? (Or maybe I just need to rip through faster, and get more runs in...)

10. innorton38

innorton38 IncGamers Member

true but enigma is tough to get so I left it out. The ammy is easier but it's probably easier to just run with vigor on than to have to reset the charges constantly.

For my hammerdin, I've found that there are some things that are much more important than absolute maximum damage. I used a wizspike for a long time and then finally got my hands on a hoto. My damage went from about 7k to 9.5k. But my resists went from 90/90/95/90 (with t gods and guardian angel) to like 48 across the board i think. I didn't notice my killing speed going up incredibly but i did find it tougher to stnd up to a constant barrage of elemental damage so i went back to the wizspike. When mfing, i use skullders so my resists are 75/75/85/75 which is plenty. Of course it's a balancing act and everyone will have their own preference, but i think that good resists and fcr are more important than absolute maximum damage. With maxed hammer, synergies, and conc aura and just a few +skills items (shako and skullders have +skills and good mf by the way) you'll have no trouble getting plenty of damage and you'll be able to survive anywhere. With my (non mf) setup, I have max block, ~1700 life, the resists i mentioned (90/90/95/90), and lots of elemental absorb (fire and cold barely scratch me and lightening heals me) so as you can imagine, he's one tough cookie. Even in full mf gear, I only really die when i lag really badly or when i meet a black soul boss pack with the conviction aura on the boss and i don't notice. Hope this helps.

11. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Remember, that with a Hammerdin, you will (eventually) be using Blessed Hammer as your MAIN attack skill. You will be killing everything with your hammers throught the game. The only exception to mass killing with hammers is that they do not work well in tight narrow spaces(maggot lair) and there is one monster in act three that is immune to the hammers.

As said in the guides, Blessed Hammer does magic damage, so your weapon's physical damage will not come into play, hence getting a Holy Freeze Merc from ACT 2 Nightmare and not a Might merc.(Might will not help your attack)

As far as The Pit goes, luck does play a part in it. Also, more people in the game helps as more will drop.

12. squigipapa

squigipapa IncGamers Member

As well, in Act 2 in Tal's tomb .. pretty much all of the tall guys that raise the skeletons (can't remember their name right now) are immune to magic. But ya .. going with a magic dammage attack it great as most things in the game have no resistance to it.

13. Gorny

Gorny Banned

As I remember from reading Ragnarod or Shadow_247's ? Guide, the hammers work on 'em all!

14. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

Blessed Hammer and FoH both ignore the resistances of Demon and Undead type monsters - even if they're immune! The only monsters that're Magic Immune and isn't Demon or Undead are the Wailing Beasts in Act 3 temples - so retrieving the Tome in Hell may be tricky, although everything else in the game is easy meat.