I need suggestions on mace barb

pbjax

Diabloii.Net Member
I need suggestions on mace barb

So..as of right now, i'm using full IK for my barb. He's doing very well and can do andy and meph runs fairly easy. I have heard of IK barbs being able to do ubers with concentrate. First of all, is this possible? Second, what runes should i socket into wep and armor. I'm figuring 15 ias jewels in helm. Also, if I want to change the setup (instead of full IK) what should i be using.

My list of extra gear incase i decide to change is

Arreats
Perf ds coh
Gores
Raven
Angelics
Laying of hands gloves (I also have eth souldrainers, but not sure if those are worth anything)
String (or nosferatu)
and...I'm trying to find an ebotd maul

Any suggestions?

getrikback

Diabloii.Net Member
I suggest you stick to IK-the best allroundmace setup-can handle ubers well.Make sure you have 30% more ias in maul for max hits with whirlwind,conc & zerk will be at good levels with +to skill you have so dont pump them,put a few in battlecry & use it against ubers.Just make sure your mercenary is sturdy & you are good to go.

Rik

pbjax

Diabloii.Net Member
kk, well, i was thinking about socketing a ber into the maul for more CB, and then maybe a Jah? I'd just try and get some 15 ias jewels into the helm for the 30 ias.

olwe

Diabloii.Net Member
So..as of right now, i'm using full IK for my barb. He's doing very well and can do andy and meph runs fairly easy. I have heard of IK barbs being able to do ubers with concentrate. First of all, is this possible? Second, what runes should i socket into wep and armor. I'm figuring 15 ias jewels in helm. Also, if I want to change the setup (instead of full IK) what should i be using.

My list of extra gear incase i decide to change is

Arreats
Perf ds coh
Gores
Raven
Angelics
Laying of hands gloves (I also have eth souldrainers, but not sure if those are worth anything)
String (or nosferatu)
and...I'm trying to find an ebotd maul

Any suggestions?
What is your skill setup?

If you are a WW barb, remember that WW only takes into account IAS that is on the weapon itself, so putting 2 ias jewels or 2 shaels in the ik maul will have you covered. The ias jewels in the helmet won't affect your WW speed though, just something to remember. Concentrate takes into account IAS on other sources, so the IAS jewels in other places will work.

I have a full IK barb and he is pretty indestructable, he uses WW as his main attack and uses 2 shaels in the maul and for general PvM use he has 2 ptopaz in the helm and 1 ptopaz in the armor. If your goal is to do the ubers, remember Meph's conviction aura - you might want to socket um's or 15 res jewels in the helm to counteract that. Note: I have not tried to run ubers with him however.

If you decide to switch gear, your setup looks pretty good, remember that for PvM, crushing blow is HUGE - especially for the ubers. You might want to think about using Guillaume's Face helm, for the CB. Socket it with an um to make up the res you lose from arreats. Also, think about using Dracul's Grasp gloves for the lifetap - this will save you during uber runs, and someone correct me if i'm wrong but i'm pretty sure lifetap will activate while using concentrate. It doesn't activate while using WW however.

Rawness

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm trying to find an ebotd maul
I sincerly wish you luck with that......

Well. You should hit -34 ias BP on maul instead of worrying about putting Jah/bers in the maul. Find out what speed class your weapon is in first.
And if it's 0, you can put a 15 ias/MOD + Shael in it, however I think IK maul has a higher wspeed anyways.

olwe

Diabloii.Net Member
Well. You should hit -34 ias BP on maul instead of worrying about putting Jah/bers in the maul. Find out what speed class your weapon is in first.
And if it's 0, you can put a 15 ias/MOD + Shael in it, however I think IK maul has a higher wspeed anyways.
-34 ias is the last BP for a one handed weapon, like a berserker axe.

For mauls, however, like the one in the IK set, the ias necessary is -59.

Base ogre maul speed is 10. The IK Maul has 40% ias on it, so that it brings it to -30 ias. To reach -59 and hit the last BP, you need at least two 15% ias jewels, to hit -60. Alternatively, 2 shaels will work which will get you to -70.

Information on IAS speeds and breakpoints found in this helpful thread:
http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=312805

Summerfun

Diabloii.Net Member
And thats why if you are loking for a BoTD maul, look for a Ogre maul instead of a Thunder maul. It will do more dmg over time, because of the IAS.

Rawness

Diabloii.Net Member
34 ias is the last BP for a one handed weapon, like a berserker axe.

For mauls, however, like the one in the IK set, the ias necessary is -59.

Base ogre maul speed is 10. The IK Maul has 40% ias on it, so that it brings it to -30 ias. To reach -59 and hit the last BP, you need at least two 15% ias jewels, to hit -60. Alternatively, 2 shaels will work which will get you to -70.

Information on IAS speeds and breakpoints found in this helpful thread:
Forgot about that, however I have my excuse as I've never really played a 2 handed barb ( but I should really know that thing anyways )

pbjax

Diabloii.Net Member
okay, so putting ias in maul is absolutely necessary. so, I'm guessing it won't make much of a difference if i have more CB from ber?

I laready have IK helm with 2Ptopaz, so I'll probably just pick up another one and socket it with some other junk. Also, is it worth socketing the armor with Ptopaz, cause it seems to me that the armor is pretty rare, and i don't want to degrade it by socketing with a topaz

pbjax

Diabloii.Net Member
also, my skills setup is:

20 mastery
20 whirlwind
20 BO
mayb 5-7 natural resistance
1 in all prerequisites
rest in shout( i think i have about 13 or so in it right now, probably more)
1 in Battle Command, with gear its at around 8 i think)

Summerfun

Diabloii.Net Member
I would never socket it with a Ptopaz.If you want MF, make MF sorc.
BER, UM or %ED jewel would be my choice