Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

i need some input bout pallies

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by John Folgerty, Feb 18, 2004.

1. John Folgerty

John Folgerty IncGamers Member

i need some input bout pallies

well, i'm still new to this SP business and just about as new to 1.10, and i have a build question. i've got a level 16 pally. he's got 4 or 5 points in zeal and 1 in prereqs 1 in might and 1 in smite. so basicaly i'm having trouble deciding what to do from here. tesladin or traditional zeal pally. i've read the guides and i can't really make up my mind. any one out there with more experience in the matter wanna gimme some kinda input?

2. wildjinn

wildjinn IncGamers Member

I've got a 78 Tesladin and am loving his power. If you've got the runes for a Crescent Moon, a Tesladin is the way to go, for sure. Other than that, someone else will be able to give you better advice. Borlag's patted something like 28 zealots, so he'll hopefully drop in. :)

3. MorbidDoom

MorbidDoom IncGamers Member

I haven't tried a Tesladin yet myself, but I do have to say that my conventional Zealot is one of my most powerful characters. His 4 frame Zeal coupled with a bit of life leech means he can stand in the center of nearly any mob of enemies and survive. The max damage on his Zeal is somewhere over 8000 with his Might merc and you just gotta love that ;)

4. John Folgerty

the thing i like about the tesladin is the relative cheapness of the build. maybe i'm over assuming here. but also a concern about the zeal pally is phys imunes and the expensiveness of good weapons. i dunno, i might be worrying too much about all this and should just play the game.

5. chaos

chaos Diablo: IncGamers Member

Not everyone owns a BotD though...

6. MorbidDoom

MorbidDoom IncGamers Member

I won't argue that Zealots are expensive to outfit. My Zealot is using some of the best stuff I have, but if you got the stuff then you got one rock solid build.

7. John Folgerty

yeah, that's the problem. i don't own anything in single player. wish i could move my realm stuff on here...

8. chaos

Build advice really shouldn't be so equipment dependant...

A nice tesladin would do good for a starter character. Just choose good base speed weapons, play a safe game, and you're all set. Screw the overpowered builds. ;)

9. John Folgerty

yeah, you can tell i only played realms till now...where it's all about what kinda money you have. i like the idea of the tesladin...just seems low on defense without holy shield. i'm prolly gonna end up going with that.

10. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

with a moderate investment in dexterity (around 130 points) you only need a few points in holy shield to keep yourself with max blocking... i know we aren't supposed to give suggestions based on gear, but + skills stuff is pretty easy to find, so with like +4 to pally skills, 5 points in HS, and reasonable dexterity you should have close to 75% chance to block up through ~ lvl 80.

11. chaos

On the contrary, i think its always good to suggest how to acquire the useful stats and mods from items easily found from normal gameplay. :)

Gambling, class specific items, cubing, all these are your friends. ^^

12. SincereX13

SincereX13 IncGamers Member

Yes, not quite everyone :thumbsup: ... But their are two or three other primo Zealot wepons that come in a good second place, the main two being Stormlash or Schaeffer's Hammer. However, they are quite expesive as well along w/ most of the other optimal Zealot equipent. So you may just be better off going w/ a starter character that is less item dependant i.e. Tesladin

13. John Folgerty

yeah, that's like 3:1 on the tesladin. i'm gonna go with that. i guess i'll figure out equip when i get to it. thanx guys.

14. SincereX13

SincereX13 IncGamers Member

If you find you need anything feel free to ask :thumbsup:

15. wildjinn

wildjinn IncGamers Member

If you want a +3 offensive aura amulet, drop me a PM. I can also sort through my mules for some start/midlevel paladin items if you're interested.

edit: ha. gg, sincere. :p

16. chaos

Damn you rich folks. ;) :D

On a seperate note... i find it amazing how wide a gap BotD has over the next 2 (schaefer's and storm). Its sickening, and its almost like... windforce and eaglehorn. :p