Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I need serious help!

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by fbmferinctt, Nov 19, 2006.

1. fbmferinctt

fbmferinctt IncGamers Member

I need serious help!

okay im new to the amazon build, never built a zon in my life, well never leveled her past 50, anywho i wanted to make a zon that would stop anything and everything. Im very rich and can afford anything so i need to know what gear to get!
    i.e. i want a bowazon. with a average damage if can between 2.5-3k

And which is better becuse so many people are divided, WF or faith? WF with a shael is it faster then faith? does it do anywhere close to the damage or is it totally not evena option compared to faith i have researched it countless times and people just dont make since! i dont understand so i want to know, which is better. I want to try for max resits and i already have my heart set on a COH ds, and i dont know if i should get torch, anni, 20/20/3 (scs) and if how many?

2. fbmferinctt

how about this setup?
    120/45 ias helm
    coh
    cats eye
    nofesteraus coil
    etreks
    10x 5 res scs
    4 x 3max dmw w/ frw
    4 x 3max dmg w/ fhr
    4x 3max dmg w/ life
    8 x 3 max dmg w/ dex
    anni
    torch
    2 raven frosts
    And either WF(shael) or Faith have yet to be determened
    What gloves? should i use a nice rare gloves, soul drainers(dual leach, -50 monster def per hit), laying of hands for obvious ias, or dracs grasp(%lifetap,10ll, OW)

3. sirmessbu

sirmessbu IncGamers Member

If ya want to get the highest damage go with wf along with a faith act1 merc.

I did self test both self using faith(with might and pride merc) and wf (with faith merc). Wf wins by about 300 damage both at level 90.

You want max resist? Don't want to get frozen? Care about useless defense on a zon?

Answered no to atlest 2 of these, then go with Kira for the helm and use fort armor.

Fort will give you some resist along with some very usefull life points.

Using Kira free up the ring slot from raven frost and offer to use dual leech rare rings, even better if ya can manage to get yourself some dual stats/dual leech ring.

The etreks are very nice but don't put aside the idea of using war travs wich realy helps you get awesome damage boost simply from a pair of boots.

For pvm almost no gloves can match Laying of hands efficiency. The 300% enhance damage to demons is priceless.

Cat eyes or Highlord is up to you. I prefer the 1 skill from highlord then the run and walk. The deadly strike is nice to have but having a handfull of skill points in critical strike with +skill is already enough.

With a 15 fana faith bow on merc you need 95% ias to get last breakpoint with wf. Depending on final choice of gear ya take you could even ohm the wf for more damage.

Personnaly 15% ias jeweled kira + 20% ias LoH +20% ias highlord +40% ias from shaeled Wf is great. But if ya plan on using a 45% helm you can switch the amy for atma so ya get amplify damage chance too.

Hope I helped you make your mind.

4. fbmferinctt

thank you. I would rather use WF anyways. Um for gloves wouldnt it be better with %chance lifetap? that would altimatley help me with leachproblems, and with all the arrows i would be shooting it wouldnt be a problem. Now, fort over coh... hmm id lost a hell of a lot of resits but with the added damage is it worth it? Is the best defence a great offence? i might need to start a new thread. Thank you i appreciate it alot. With kiras, i could socket it with a 40/15 ias jewel... hmm i have some thinking.

5. emar

emar IncGamers Member

I wouldn't pick Drac's for a Bowa, LoH is fantastic for PvM. If you plan to wear Nos I would say your LL is fine as is, but can be added to with a LL ring.

Fort over CoH for the damage increase.

Your resists shouldn't be a problem if you really think about it.

70 Ares (Kira's)
    20 Ares (Torch)
    20 Ares (Anni)
    30 Ares (Fort)
    30 Ares (Anya) - If you aren't PvPing I would count the Anya resists.
    --------------
    70 Ares in Hell...

6. sirmessbu

sirmessbu IncGamers Member

Ill just post you items my own bowazon uses. I never have problem with leech or resist.

-Kira with a 15% ias jewel ( 70% resist all and cannot be frozen)
    -Wf with a shael (40% ias total with knockback and a nice 6% mana leech)
    -LoH (the 50% fire resist is just additionnal candy but the 300% enahance damage to demons is key along the 20% ias.)
    -War travs (for the additionnal damage)
    -Thundergod (20 str bonus with some lightning absorb)
    -Fortitude (1,5life/level 30 resist 300% enhance damage even the chilling armor it cast is usefull)
    -Highlord (1 skill and the final 20%ias I need with this setup)
    -2 rare rings with dual leech some stats (str/dex) andsome resists.
    - torch/anni
    - dmg/ar/life charms for the rest of inventory

Just remember that using a Wf with faith merc you need 95% ias to get last multy/guided arrow breakpoint. Switching the kira for a 45% ias helm allow you to swap some gear.

Dracs are nice but not essential, the added damage from Loh helps you leech more life, but off course dracs would seem a safer choice since that would make you virtually immortal. I rarely see bowazon with more then 800 life, with about 10% life leech total even in hell your life barely ever drops since you should be doing over 3,5k damage easy. Low life = faster replenished with life leech.

If you choose to use the Loh and a 45% helm you could then switch the amy for an atma scarab so that you get amplify damage to cast, both usefull to boost damage and break through physical immune.